• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Where is the rain?

We've finally been getting some rain up here. Nice soaking rain today, light shower yesterday. Then a deluge a few days ago. We went around two months with barely a drop of rain prior to things breaking loose. All the dogwoods were drooping and about ready to dry up.

Of course, Connie and I had put in a bunch of fruit trees and she started a raised garden bed out in back of the garage, so we had to be watering everything nearly constantly. The birds would follow us around to see where we were going to turn on the water so they could take their showers.

Only had rain on the 1st of June. This is insane, 23 days without a drop of rain.
Looks like we've got your share as well as our own. I think we've had 1 day of sunshine in the
past 23 days...........temps are down in the 50's and low 60's too. Cold, wet, and miserable
does NOT make it at the end of June. Man if I could figure out how to work a trade,..........
I would be a millionaire!
Andy :wavey:

Looks like we've got your share as well as our own. I think we've had 1 day of sunshine in the
past 23 days...........temps are down in the 50's and low 60's too. Cold, wet, and miserable
does NOT make it at the end of June. Man if I could figure out how to work a trade,..........
I would be a millionaire!
Andy :wavey:

That's probably our fault. Connie and I have been talking about doing some travelling and I mentioned driving up to Bar Harbor (or Bah Habah as I've heard it pronounced) for some lobster. We also talked about going to Arizona and New Mexico, and look what happened there. We discussed going to Louisiana, and about that time the Mississippi went into major flood stage.

Now we're afraid to even think about just staying home..... :ack2:

It just keeps raining all around me. Half a mile to my north, south and west.

Yeah, I've seen that happen here as well. I will watch the radar and see storms literally split in half to go around us, not giving us a drop of rain. :shrug01:

Getting a real soaker today. And had a pretty good downpour yesterday as well. The treefrogs certainly sound happy.

I got a very light rain for four hours Sunday AM that added up to about .30" and half a inch this morning. Not any soakers, but at least it wet the grass.

Looks like the rain is trying to make up for the rainfall deficit through May and June all during this week alone. We're getting another deluge right now..

Well, we have been getting rain every day for a few weeks now. I don't know if the rain is responsible or not, but we have a second wave of yellow flies that showed up a few days ago. I was pressure washing the porch and front of the house when I discovered this new infestation. I am NOT exaggerating when I said I killed at least 50 of them. Sure made the pressure washing a challenge, since I was in my swim trunks with a lot of bare skin. Those suckers bite HARD, and you are not going to just ignore them.

I think mosquitos are starting to build up as well. Got two of the mosquito magnet cranked up, as they help take care of the yellow flies as well as the mosquitos.

It's only rained at my place for 3 days since June 1st. Been a week since we had any rain. We have been stuck in a reverse west wind flow, so that means showers die off just offshore in the am, then rebuild about 15 miles inland and move toward the east coast. Since i live on the gulf i see very rain with a reverse west wind flow.

Well, this has been pretty much what we have been having, although the storms have been coming from EVERY direction....

Attachments

• 071611.gif
    071611.gif
    283 KB · Views: 21
Back