• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New to forum

usgecko

Hi,

I've lived in Fl for a few years now and have finally got together the cash that I can think of purchasing a used 'vette. I am looking to get input from owners, attend meetings to get first hand impressions etc.

Looking at a 02 - 04 z06.

Stuart

I think that is an EXCELLENT choice of model to get! :thumbsup:

Just be patient and in no hurry, the right one will come along....

Howdy and welcome!:welcome: You should have joined a few months earlier, I would have done you a good deal on my '02 Z.:yesnod: A used ZO6 is a great choice for your first 'vette. There are a lot of them out there in the mid/upper teens in great shape. Just be sure to take your time and check it out well. Very few Z owners bought them to use as grocery getters.;)

I think it more likely you would get a better price from a private sale.

But who knows? If a dealer has one on the used car lot that's been there for a long time, you might be able to get away with a good deal if you play your cards right. I'm sure a lot of salesmen are fearful of losing their job, so they will certainly be motivated to make a sale. But expect them to go down fighting you all the way.

:welcome: to the Forum. Nice to have you aboard. C5 are awesome and a big jump from the C4 in terms of comfort and technology. The C6 is refined even furthur but very similar to the C5.
Once you find a C5 you like, I strongly recommend having a vette garage go over the car with you to make sure everything is in good shape. If there are issues, this could be a bargaining chip for you assuming you still want the car.
I've used AutoXTC exclusively over the past 5 years for my mods and maintenance. They are in Pinellas Park and can be reached at 727-573-1292. Larry French is the owner. John Wilson is the master of all master vette tech. Ask for John and if it helps, tell him Mark aka THOR referred you.
Good luck with your search and welcome again to the site. :thumbsup:

PS: I would buy from a private party. I think there's more wiggle room in negotiation.

Last edited:
" ... If a dealer has one on the used car lot that's been there for a long time, you might be able to get away with a good deal if you play your cards right. I'm sure a lot of salesmen are fearful of losing their job, so they will certainly be motivated to make a sale. But expect them to go down fighting you all the way.

I agree. There IS something to be said about buying from a reputable dealer, and a deal can be got. A bit of security, albeit at some price. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Back