• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

took a drive today......

Kap142

First real outing for the 72. :dancer01: Took a drive to Daytona Beach to show the new family member to my daughter and her hubby. Wonderful trip, she ran flawlessly. Had the tops on on the way and tucked them and the rear window away for the return. now that's what I'm talkin about.:crazy03: :thumbsup: :dancer01:

Oh and Jim, see you in the morning.

No I didn't......

It healed itself! Not a clue why but it just went back to functioning correctly.

Love the Vette but I can see a few things need done....something about a 35year old car. Have one caliper (L.F. no less) is not functioning properly If I have to get on the binders hard she pulls hard left . pads are great and such but I imagine a piston is not doing it's share.

Gotta do an exhaust wrap of the pipes to hold the heat in the pipes and out of the passanger compartment and I need to lay down a good layer of heat/sound deadining too. A 454 BB do produce some heat!

But I'm lovin it and having fun Thanks for asking.

Ken

:dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01:

Jeeze

I have never heard of that happening before. Is their truth to that, anyone?

I actually intended to wrap just the exhaust pipes from the manifolds back where they pass the passenger compartment.

Ken:dancer01: :dancer01:

Never heard of that happening. A lot of my Grand National buddies have wrapped their headers with no problems. I wouldn't guess wrapping the pipes farther back would be any different.

That's my conclusion too...

I didn't wrap the manifolds but did the exhaust pipes all the way back to near the mufflers. Figured it had to help keeping heat out of the cockpit. Might just help a little with sound and is even said to help horse power a bit too.

I'll let you know if I find any adverse affects.

Ken:D

Back