• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 Need a new remote key fob??

pjac5vette

Hi!! Wondering if anyone knows where I can get a new remote key fob for my 2000 C5. Gm part# is 10432147. I contacted GMdirect and Gmpartshouse and they tell me the item is backordered with no ship date from GM. I checked Ebay and people are asking $199 to $299 for a new one in the original GM packing. Not paying that price so any help is appreciated.

This is actually disconcerting to hear. I believe the TAC modules are also still on apparently infinite backorder. How many other things are now no longer available from GM on the C5s and might NEVER be again?

I did find a kit that one of the GM dealers on-line is selling that will convert the remote entry system and the tire pressure sensor system to the 2001-04 system if anyone is interested. I'll try to find the web site again and post it if anyone wants to check it out

Back