• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

OK Gonna do it......

Kap142

Gonna convert to power brakes. My only question is how much of a pain in the arse is it to install a PB booster? Everything else is a breeze.

Next major project will be power steering and BTW wasn't the NCRS show great. Got to find all kinds of little goodies I wanted.

:dancer01: :dancer01:

power brakes are an easy upgrade. Get a booster and power brake specific master cylinder and install it. in plae of your original master cylinder. You may require new brake lines to the master as sometimes you do not have enough room to stretch the lines foward. But you probably should replace the lines in the whole car and upgrade to stainless. That is what I would do. The hardest part of the whole changeout will be to crawl under the dash to bolt in the booster.

Great....

All the lines on the car seem to be stainless steel (by whoever did the restoration a few years ago) so I'll have to replace just the front 2 going to the proportioning valve. All the calipers seem to be virtually new also, disc's appear to have very little wear.

Will acquire the new master cyl and booster and the vac line and fitting also.

My last (for the moment) question is how much disassembly is required to get the old MC out and new booster in. It seems that the diagrams I'm looking at show the manual MC to have 2 bolts through the fire wall and the booster appears to have 4. Do I need to (OMG) make holes or are their grommets blocking the mounting holes already?

I have reviewed my assembly manual and can only find a single diagram showing a manual MC set up.

Thanks

Back