• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Lowering the C5 on its stock bolts

Cor66Vette

I am told this can be done fairly easily. I am about to take possession of an '03 and am thinking of doing this at some point but after seeing how the car sits I imagine that lowering it any more could cause it to scrape a lot more readily than it might already. Anyone lower theirs this way and what are the pros and cons?

I think the car looks better when lowered, but you are right, expect to scrape speed bumps and quite a few entrances from the road going into places you may want to go. Heck, there are some places that I can't get into with the cars at stock height. The angle is too sharp and I'll scrape the front end for certain.

Probably the ticket would be to have air adjustable shocks so you could raise and lower the car at will when you come to such obstacles....

Just think of all the neat tricks you could do then......

I lowered my '99 coupe as soon as I got it in '99. I have no regrets, I believe it does look better. Below is what you can expect to get. It's not slammed and it takes about a hour to do.

Ride Height
Stock
Front-27 3/4....... Rear-29

Lowered
Front-26 3/4.......Rear-27 3/4

Measurements are from ground to center of wheel well

Last edited:
I put some frame rails on my C5Z, but used these guys -> http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/c5-c6-aluminum-frame-rails-and-mtg-screws/

Also put them on the C6. They don't have a set that will work on the C6Z, unfortunately.

The added benefit of this brand is that they have lift pucks incorporated into the rail so they protect the rocker panels from some shop not using pucks when they put your car on a two post lift.

Haven't tried the rollers myself, but they look like they would help.

Those frame rails are nice...I like the xtra thickness and jacking supports. More expensive but look to be worth it.

Back