• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

5 Qts Mobil 1 Full Synthetic and Mobil 1 Filter $29.99

Yes, that is a deal. We buy Mobil 1 + the filter at Advanced Auto all the time. Haven't found it cheaper anywhere for a long time.

I have only put about 3k miles on my Z16 since I bought it. The OLM still shows a 97% reading. Do you follow the OLM or change the fluid periodically over time such as 3-6 months?

Hey guys, see attached link on Mobil 1...0-40 has more zinc & phosphorous...Not extended performance mobil 1...

http://www.mobil.com/usa-english/motoroil/files/mobil_1_product_guide.pdf

Yeah, I've been looking at specs concerning zinc and phosphorus, but my understanding is that Mobile 1 is utilizing a replacement additive to replace zinc and phosphorus in their formulations. The change in the specs for these two additives was solely to try to increase the longevity of the catalytic converters. So was the longevity of the engine sacrificed for the longevity of the cats? :shrug01: Then you start going off into conspiracy land..... Been there, done that.

To be quite honest about it, the more you try to read about what the *best* oil is, the more confused you will get. And the more you will begin to wonder if you are making a mistake using the oil you have in your engine, no matter which brand or viscosity it is. :crazy03:

I have only put about 3k miles on my Z16 since I bought it. The OLM still shows a 97% reading. Do you follow the OLM or change the fluid periodically over time such as 3-6 months?

I drive my ZO6 almost every day so I change it by the OLM (DIC).

I have a 1999 GMC Suburban that doesn't get driven very much. I change it every 6 mos. just to get the moisture out of the system.

Back