• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

SWFCC Members Check In

:shrug01: By the way, there are a lot of us out here that are not reeeeeaaaaalllll pc savvy, so I had a hard time navigating. It may take awhile for the rest of the group to catch up.

JdynBll said:
By the way, there are a lot of us out here that are reeeeeaaaaalllll pc savvy, so I had a hard time navigating. It may take awhile for the rest of the group to catch up.
Hi guys, it's Linda! Welcome to the site. When you get a chance, scroll up to the top of the forum to the Welcome Room and introduce yourselves to the members. You'll get lots of warm welcomes from a very nice group of Florida corvette owners :yesnod:

;) thanks for the info. HOpe you get to come to a meeting soon, we need to discuss this venue. It can be fun, but we need advice from people who know how to take best advantage of it.

Didn't want you to think that we didn't see your posting. We're here and you and Joan did a stupendous job on our Sunday outing. The rehap center staff and patients were delighted and we all went home with a great holiday feeling. thanks to both of you. Bill & Judy

JdynBll said:
;) thanks for the info. HOpe you get to come to a meeting soon, we need to discuss this venue. It can be fun, but we need advice from people who know how to take best advantage of it.

As your moderator on this site, I can answer any of your questions and if I do not know the answer, I will find out for you. You can respond to this thread, PM or email me.

I am slowly finding out how to navigate. Linda said to scroll to the top and find the Welcome Room. I can't find it on this page. Where would it be????

JdynBll said:
I am slowly finding out how to navigate. Linda said to scroll to the top and find the Welcome Room. I can't find it on this page. Where would it be????
Judy, go to the main page: http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php. You'll see the Lobby, and then Welcome Room. Click on that link and click on "New Thread". You'll need to fill in the Title space with something like, "Hi, we're new" or Hi from SW florida, etc. Then in the text box write your message. Try reading some of the other ones to give you an idea what to say. Click the submit button and check back frequently cause you'll start to get responses from members. You may need to answer some of their questions. Be prepared to post a picture of your vette if you have one. Someone will ask to see a picture for sure. Enjoy the site. It's full of nice folks. Armando is the moderator for this section so can walk you through any problems you have.

I will follow your directions tomorrow. It is getting late tonight. Everybody calls us Cape Coma, but we just came home from another Christmas Party and we'll check this site tomorrow. Thanks, Linda....and Armando

New Member Saying Hello and Thank You

Hello everyone, my name is Jim Brackett. Armando nominated me and my wife Norma for membership at your club meeting Tuesday, January 16th. My wife and I are very happy we have been accepted into your club and we look forward to the experience and participating as much as possible. We live in Parkland which is sandwiched between Western Boca Raton and Coral Springs.

We met some of you at the Cape Coral show in October (Spooktacular) and the Ft. Meyers show this month. The picture included is of our Vette entered in the Ft. Meyers show. We have entered our Vette in the Reflections in Glass show in Boca Raton on January 27th. Hopefully some of you can make the trip over.

We bought our 2004 Machine Silver Corvette Coupe in January 2004 and left the dealer with the biggest smiles :D :crazy03: ever seen. This is the most fun I've had in any car I have ever owned :dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01: .

Last edited:
Anyone recommended by Sampedros are OK with us

:D Welcome to the Southwest Florida Corvette Club. Since we have already met, we just wanted to make it official. We look forward to having you join us for upcoming Edison Festival of Lights car show on Feb. 13.

Back