• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Window Tint

c6z06

Hi eveyone,
I just got an 09 Z06 and have moved to Punta Gorda.
I need a great tint guy from Sarasota to Ft Myers. Can you recommend someone?
Anyone to stay away from?
Thanks
Van

Hello and :welcome:to our little forum:wavey: You've found the best place (the only place actually) dedicated to the Florida Corvette owner and enthusiast:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great buch of people and always willing to party, get together or help a brother vette owner out.

Hang in there. We have a lot of members from Bradenton to South Florida. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly and give you some recommendations:thumbsup:

Meanwhile, congratulations on the new Z and when you get a chance, drop into the WELCOME part of the forum, say :wavey:and post some pics...we love pics:thumbsup::dancer01:

Welcome,:welcome:May what to go to the welcome section so everyone can say hello.:wavey:
Your best protection for your new ride,Congrat by the way,is to get it protected before your she gets damaged.
They will ask for :pics:

We all love our cars. And perhaps our proudest moment is when the car is new and looks its best. A car, however, is not like a painting which serves its purpose in a controlled and safe environment. It is subjected to all sorts of abuses including the sun, dirt, and smog, all of which can affect the best automobile. But I can keep your car in new condition just like a painting protected in a museum.

When purchasing a new vehicle, we recommend that you insist the dealer not prep the vehicle prior to you taking possession. This means that they should not wash, wax, or do anything else to the vehicle. Dealerships do not specialize in detailing and because of this, your new paint can become scratched, swirled, or marred before you even drive it home.

Also, it is recommended that you decline any protection packages such as a 5-year paint sealant or life-time interior protectant. Not only are these services purely profit for the dealer, no product on the market will protect your vehicle for this amount of time. Rust protection is also unnecessary since all new cars come with a factory warranty against rust. The only way to keep your vehicle protected and looking new is to have it professionally detailed on a regular basis.

Getting ready to purchase a new vehicle? Despite what you may think, a new vehicle endures a lot when it is shipped from factory to dealership. During shipping, many contaminants such as rail dust, road grime, and factory fallout will bond to the new paint. Start your new vehicle off with a proper detail – it will look its best and be easier to maintain as time goes on.
Any questions please just call,I'm right in your backyard.

:welcome::welcome: to the Forum and a gtreat group of folks. I don't know of any tint shops but Softtail does and will hopefully pipe in soon for ya. You were given some great wisdom and advice by Backyard Mechanic. Pay heed to it because he knows his stuff and is well respected here. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reviving and oldie

I trust c6z06 found his tint guy.

I too am looking for a tint guy in the St Augustine to Daytona North area. I am told there are concerns with the outcome of the tint on the Dot Matrix portion of the rear window and that many tint installers aren't even aware that there is a known issue- even if they use 3M tint! I was at a Corvette show yesterday and noticed tint on several Vettes were indeed affected.

Any recommendations are appreciated. :thumbsup:

I trust c6z06 found his tint guy.

I too am looking for a tint guy in the St Augustine to Daytona North area. I am told there are concerns with the outcome of the tint on the Dot Matrix portion of the rear window and that many tint installers aren't even aware that there is a known issue- even if they use 3M tint! I was at a Corvette show yesterday and noticed tint on several Vettes were indeed affected.

Any recommendations are appreciated. :thumbsup:

Hey Red. I'm not sure what you mean about "issues". If you mean that tint (all as far as I know) have a problem sticking to that matrix dot area high on the rear window it is an issue.

About a year ago I had a Winter Heaven shop of very good reputation install the finest 3M tint and even it doesn't adhere as nicely up there as I would like. My understanding is that the dots are actually bumps so they are not truly flat and 'cause of that tint often won't adhere to the glass between the bumps perfectly.

Sorry I can't offer a recommendation on a shop over there but whoever does the work should be talked to about what you expect.

Good luck.:D

I've heard that some tint installers will just cut the tint at the grid line, rather than trying to tint over it.

Man this is one from way back, been through a couple Vettes and 2 Vipers since I posted this. :D I now have a 12 ZR1 and a 10 Viper ACR, spent all last weekend racing it at Z Max dragstrip and on the Charlotte motor speedway, almost too much fun. :yesnod:

Anyway, what I ended up doing was just lightly sanded the little black bumps down a little and it was no problem. I did find a guy in Northport, Fl that can do the rear window in a coupe with 1 sheet of tint, no line.

VOI12031_zps5f98c47d.jpg

Back