• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

c5 aftermarket hud

my 2000 has no hud. i was wondering if there is a decent aftermarket system that works well. to get a retrofit will run $800. way too much and im not really eager to rip out the dash. i know the car is already wired for it too.

Yeah, if I could get Connie's C6 done up with a HUD, I would like to do that. Couldn't see spending an additional $5K for all the other stuff I would have had to swallow in the 3LT package in order to get it, though... :shrug01:

My C6 does not have HUD, i do miss the HUD in my 04 z51! I just can't see spending around $2000 or more for a install.

It took some...

geting used to (using the HUD) at first. Now...I miss it and find myself looking for it in the Armada.:rolleyes: Do they sell'em for Armada's?:D

Man, you guys lost me for a minute. I thought you were taking about a Heads Up Display and now I realize that you are looking for a home. :lmao:

I hope this helps.....
HUD has a number of ways to help you find a home you can afford. Whether you are looking for subsidized apartments, housing choice vouchers, or housing counselors that will help you explore your options, visit our Renting page for more information.

The factory units have beome rather inexpensive. Nowdays, you should be able to get a factory unit and have it installed for $800 or less

Oh... i misunderstood your post. The Install is very easy. The dash pad omes out really quick. This whole deal can be acomplished in an afternoon. It will take longer to install an aftermarket unit. Look at ebay...the new HUD units are less than 450.00 last time that I checked. The autions stated that the kits were complete.

ClockworkC5 said:
my 2000 has no hud. i was wondering if there is a decent aftermarket system that works well. to get a retrofit will run $800. way too much and im not really eager to rip out the dash. i know the car is already wired for it too.
I don't know if you saw it or not, but the Dec. and Jan. issues of Corvette Enthusiast Magazine had a 2 part "by the numbers" article on adding a HUD to an earlier (97-98-99) C5. Maybe someone down there has the 2 issues and would be willing to lend them to you. At least you could see what's involved.
(edit...it's actually the January and February issues in case someone else is looking for the info. Sorry for the mix-up.)

Last edited:
navy2kcoupe said:
I don't know if you saw it or not, but the Dec. and Jan. issues of Corvette Enthusiast Magazine had a 2 part "by the numbers" article on adding a HUD to an earlier (97-98-99) C5. Maybe someone down there has the 2 issues and would be willing to lend them to you. At least you could see what's involved.
I just went back to check and make sure thast I still had both issues, and I do, so if you would like me to xerox the entire article and mail it to you I would be glad to do it. There is also a box in the article titled "For Your Information" that lists Contemporary Corvette (800-367-8388) as having "Used C5 HUD Retrofit Units. www.contemporarycorvettes.com.PM me with an address to send the xerox to if you want a copy.

ClockworkC5 said:
hey, thanks alot. the easiest would be just to scan it, or fax it. let me know what is easiest for you. my email is ou812ericr@aol.com. dont know my fax off hand but i can figure it out.
OK, I'll try to scan it and e-mail to you. May be a couple of days though.......

ClockworkC5 said:
hey, thanks alot. the easiest would be just to scan it, or fax it. let me know what is easiest for you. my email is ou812ericr@aol.com. dont know my fax off hand but i can figure it out.
ClockworkC5......14 jpg scans have been e-mailed to the rojo address.
Let me know if I have to re-scan any of them. Good luck :thumbsup: if you go ahead
with this mod.

great, i got it and everything is readable. thanks again. if anyone else would like the information i can forward it to you. also ill keep everyone posted when i do it.

ClockworkC5 said:

My 01 Z06 doesn't come with a HUD, bought the parts or kit. Took me 2 1/2 hours to install, very easy to do.

from my limited knowledge, the cluster was setup from the beginning (97) to accept the hud, however not introduced until later (99 i believe). ive got a 2000 so i should be good. thanks for the heads up (ha i kill me) on the info. i feel much more secure going through someone who has a reputation among corvette owners, rather then resorting to something like ebay. i have yet to jump on that bandwagon.

Back