• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

For Late model C4's with no Heat.

shakedown067

Sinister C4
Make sure to do this routine check before droping your car off at the shop. Could save you a ton in not having to replace a non-defective A/C programmer.:banghead:

Remove the clip holding down the wireharness and the three bolts holding down this part.
overview.jpg

removed.jpg

Door-closed
door-closed.jpg

You'll have to get a long screw driver to open the door up. Have some one set your heater to 90 to check it first. Most likely the the door will just bairly move and not open at all. Now, you can pry open the door. If you leave the heater at 90, the door will stay open till you turn the heat down, then it will probably close on you.

Picture of the Door-open
door-open.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I just put a new blower motor in my '93. A/C & Heat are both working fine now. :dancer01:

I assume from your post that it is common for this door staying closed preventing heat in the passenger compartment in the C4, and this is a common problem. Is your suggestion a one-time band-aid till the next time you need heat, or is this a fix? What causes the problem (vacuum?), and how can it be corrected permanently if not with your instructions above?...........Tom :)

Yep, this is a temp fix and so you don't get jacked my a mechanic that just runs diagnotisics on it. It'll show an A/C Programmer error. That part is $1000 from the dealer. My problem is the Heater Actuator motor and maybe the door gear (which they no longer make). The actuator is an $80 part, but about 3-5 hours of labor to tear into the dash. Dropping it off tomorrow to have it fixed and probably have the heater core changed out too while they have the dash out.

Back