• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

How far from production, am I?

Hameister

Does anyone have any idea, just how long is the delay, between "Queued for Production", and actual production???

Attachments

• Desktop_2012_12_26_21_14_02_140.jpg
    Desktop_2012_12_26_21_14_02_140.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 118
It's probably like having a baby. "Queued for production" = "your wife is dilated so many cm". "Production complete" = "the baby has been delivered".:D

It's probably like having a baby. "Queued for production" = "your wife is dilated so many cm". "Production complete" = "the baby has been delivered".:D

Good analogy. That's where I am at now. The GM site has shown this status for the last 8 or 9 days. :banghead:

Good analogy. That's where I am at now. The GM site has shown this status for the last 8 or 9 days. :banghead:

Yeah man, I feel for you. But this time of year just about everything goes all to hell in a hand basket with people taking off, Christmas parties, and just a general air of not wanting to work. Probably nearly anyone who can take off the week between Christmas and New Year, does. Things probably won't improve any until after the New Year.

Yeah man, I feel for you. But this time of year just about everything goes all to hell in a hand basket with people taking off, Christmas parties, and just a general air of not wanting to work. Probably nearly anyone who can take off the week between Christmas and New Year, does. Things probably won't improve any until after the New Year.

You're most likely correct. I stopped by the dealership today and asked. Their best guess was January 10th, to 14th. They expect delivery the last few days in January. Whew, that's another month!

I can't stand it anymore. :ack2:

If I ever buy another 'vette, I will travel to large dealers by air, find what I want in stock, and then drive it home. I can't go through this waiting agony again, it really sucks rocks!

You're most likely correct. I stopped by the dealership today and asked. Their best guess was January 10th, to 14th. They expect delivery the last few days in January. Whew, that's another month!

I can't stand it anymore. :ack2:

If I ever buy another 'vette, I will travel to large dealers by air, find what I want in stock, and then drive it home. I can't go through this waiting agony again, it really sucks rocks!

LOL! That's kind of what we did with the C6 Z06. Found two dealers who had exactly what we wanted. One in Kentucky, and the other east of Washington D.C. Connie and I drove up to D.C. to pick it up, and left the Chevy Astro van there for a few trade-in pennies. Had an extremely pleasant drive back home along the scenic roads along the coast. Since we had to keep the car under 55 mph during break-in, this was an EXCELLENT way to do that.

LOL! That's kind of what we did with the C6 Z06. Found two dealers who had exactly what we wanted. One in Kentucky, and the other east of Washington D.C. Connie and I drove up to D.C. to pick it up, and left the Chevy Astro van there for a few trade-in pennies. Had an extremely pleasant drive back home along the scenic roads along the coast. Since we had to keep the car under 55 mph during break-in, this was an EXCELLENT way to do that.

Sounds awesome! I learned my lesson, I'll do what you did if I decide to buy a C7 in 2015.

When I bought my C-5Z, I found a local dealer (Pensacola) who had one and went to pick it up. It was already the right color and since ZO6's come pretty much loaded it was a piece of cake. Special ordering a car like the GS is definitely a test of your patience. The good news: the wait will be well worth it!:yesnod:

Back