• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Who's Going to the Everglades City Seafood Festival?

als2052 said:
The long range forcast for this coming weekend is 40%-60% rain predicted. This could definitely put a damper on things being that Everglades City in a bit on the low lying end of things and not conducive to vettes when there roads are wet. We will have to see later in the week. Stay tuned...

:thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

So far no change in forecast :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Festival site

als2052 said:
Gannet,

I believe the link you provided was for last year because the dates dont match the 2007 calendar. :toetap05:

If you find the correct website, please post. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Armando
The official site information is correct. Fri-Sat-Sun,:crazy03: Feb 4,5,6. Great maps.

I'll be going on Friday (my weekend is Thurs-Fri)

gs20 said:
i will be in LaBelle at about 9:45. are we on rain or shine? how many are going so far.

So far it is two out of Labelle and about a 1/2 dozen coming from the east coast. Keep eye out for followup post Friday morning on caravan and weather.

festival hear we come

well at are meeting we have 6 cars going we will meet you at the vistors center at 11a.m. friday night going to the tower shops to see if i can get more cars.

gs20 said:
i will be in LaBelle at about 9:45. are we on rain or shine? how many are going so far.

gs20, weather permitting, I will meet you in Labelle between 9:30-9:45AM and we will go and meet other group @ Everglades City visitors center @ 11AM.

howard goldberg said:
well at are meeting we have 6 cars going we will meet you at the vistors center at 11a.m. friday night going to the tower shops to see if i can get more cars.

Weather permitting (the forecast is for 50%) we will meet you at the visitors center @ 11AM. If we are not there by 11:15 AM proceed without us.

Armando

well, he weather doesnt look the best, but i am going anyway. Beats sitting at home. i will still be in LaBelle at 930.

Recap of Seafood Festival

For those of you that did not make it, there's always tomorrow (last day) or next year.

A total of 9 Corvettes made the trip. 7 were from America's #1 Corvette Club on the east coast and 2 were from SWFCCC. Our timing was perfect. As we drove over Alligator Alley, they were getting off @ SR 29. We caravaned the rest of the way south to Everglades City.

The weather, crowds, live entertainment, midway, crafts and food were awesome. Special thanks go out to Joe, Howard and their group for sharing the good time with us. We look forward to meeting up with this special group of folks again in the near future.

Stay tuned for next year's festival....

festival

thanks for a greet day we lost you when we got their.but i found the rod & gun club we walked over to see it. we ate lunch at the seafood depot,and stayed until 4p.m..see next week for lunch.
regards howard

2Vettes said:
Sounds like a good time!! Were there any pictures taken?? You knows us....we need pics!!

I deserve a good flogging cause I left camera home. Oh well, will remember to bring it next year.

Back