• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Radio replacement

deke

Hi everyone, hope you all can help out a little. Have a 97 with good operating radio but want to somehow attach an ipod. The current radio has cassette deck, have been using one of those cassette loop tapes to play MP3 player. Also has 12 disc CD changer that has now gone off the edge for the third time,(not sinking any more $'s into repairing this thing) assuming CD's wiil soon join the ranks of cassette tapes, any suggestions on what head unit to look into as a possible replacement. Would like to keep factory Bose speakers and retain a clean neat dash look.

Thanks for your input,

Dave

Hey Dave, there are a few converters out there that can be hooked up to
the factory radio that allow you to use your iPod or mp3 player with it.
Google something like ipod to car radio adapter. I'm thinking about getting one
for my C5.
Andy :wavey:

Are ipod functions controlled by radio buttons? What appeared on radio screen? Can you just plug it into cable that went to CD changer so basically ipod is in the trunk and every thing works the same as chenger did?

I haven't messed with it recently, but if its the same one (I think it is) the radio controls the ipod. The radio buttons allow you to scan and select the track. The white box you see goes in the dash behind the radio. A cable is run out of the dash under the center console to a point in your center arm rest where it is hidden. The cable then can be extended out onto your lap or passenger seat so you can reach it. I always preferred to hold the ipod and select my songs that way. The radio dispalyed some indicator (like a CD symbol) to show that the device was active.

Back