• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Winter weather...

I can count on one hand the amount of times I got caught in the rain with the '66, and today was one of them. We were lucky to avoid any rain during the car show, but the top had to go up on the way home. Oh well.

Connie and I ran out to the post office today and our road is a real mess. There were ruts easily a foot deep in some new fill they put in a few weeks ago. I'm sure the mud boggers will be coming through any time now. Heck, Connie had to put her truck into 4-wheel drive. I'm thinking we won't be able to get any of the cars out (presuming no more rain) for at least a week.

Ah, life in the country.....

Freaky month. Had almost 5" of rain Tuse and Wends and a total of around 7" for the month. That was more than any single month total during the summer.

Somebody must have bitched to the roads dept., because we heard machinery on the road even during the ending of the rain and into the next day. Apparently they scraped all the mud off that they had recently laid down over the sandy road. I went out today to run some errands and the mud is piled up alongside the road looking pretty much like it had been snow plowed and the mud was REAL dirty snow. But at least the road itself is dry. Not sure what they are planning to do with all that crud piled up next to the road, but if I had to guess, I would say they are going to just pile it back on the road sometime. The stuff does seem to give a nice riding surface when it is dry, but this certainly ain't Arizona.

Weather looks like it should be pretty pleasant for a while. Would be a nice time to take a long drive somewhere.

Yeah, I'm guessing all the tarps we put on the sensitive plants are going to be everywhere BUT on those plants by morning..... :nonod:

10-14 more inches due from this current storm........

But the good news is that since we already have so much,
THEY'RE CALLING THIS A DUSTING! LOL :rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously, .............. I'm calling "UNCLE" on the snow RIGHT NOW!
Andy :wavey:

It was rather pleasant here today. Temps got up to 71 or so. Lizards were laying all over the porch sunning themselves. Some of the apple trees have blooms on them already, so it looks like Spring is trying to get a foothold.

But they are forecasting lows of 29 for both Thursday and Friday nights and a high of only 54 degrees on Friday. Not quite out of the Winter woods yet.

10-14 more inches due from this current storm........

But the good news is that since we already have so much,
THEY'RE CALLING THIS A DUSTING! LOL :rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously, .............. I'm calling "UNCLE" on the snow RIGHT NOW!
Andy :wavey:
I'm with ya Andy this is not funny :thumbsdown: 100 inches since Jan 1st and I plow and plow .

I have friends checking out places in KEY WEST ,Orlando ,Port Charlotte and Leesburg .

Years ago before Connie and I moved down to Florida, we would pass through the Tallahassee area fairly often. On one of our trips we were heading back home and stopped at a roadside stand just above Tallahassee to buy some pecans. The old guy helped us load the bags into the bronco we had at the time and noticed the Maryland license plate. He seemed to hesitate and then wanted to know if he could ask us a question. Sure... He said "I see you are from up north, and something has always puzzled me about people who live up there. So tell me, just why in the hell would anyone live up there anyway?" So I thought about it for a moment, and told him "I guess it's because I was born and raised up there and just don't know any better." This seemed to satisfy him, so we continued on our journey back home.

But that did make an impression on me. And it wasn't too much later that we bought our property here, and moved on down.

Since that time, we have seen a few snow flakes here, but all total I doubt ALL of them would have been able to make a fist sized snow ball. And that is only if the sleet was collected too.

it's been horrible in orlando. we've been sunned in all weekend. almost got a sunburn. :dancer01:

Yuch.... Forecast is calling for lows in the mid to upper 20s Thursday night thru Monday morning. :thumbsdown:

Guess we'll be breaking out the tarps again to cover plants. Some of them think it's spring time around here.

it's been horrible in orlando. we've been sunned in all weekend. almost got a sunburn. :dancer01:
Ah but after snowing for 55 hours straight we're going to get sun with a light breeze bringing the wind chill to a minus 30 .Now to figure out which color shorts and tee .:hehehe:

Oh and this weekend is the Annual naked snowshoe races .:thumbsup:

Ah but after snowing for 55 hours straight we're going to get sun with a light breeze bringing the wind chill to a minus 30 .Now to figure out which color shorts and tee .:hehehe:

go with blue. it'll match your skin from the freezing wind. :lmao:

Oh and this weekend is the Annual naked snowshoe races .:thumbsup:

No Polar Bear Club?

Well, with a couple of nights between Thursday night and Monday morning forecast to be in the upper 20s here, I figured I'd better get a few pics of the trees flowering before the cold killed the blooms.

This one is a Japanese magnolia.
flowers_2015_01.jpg

Pear tree.
flowers_2015_02.jpg

Apple tree.
flowers_2015_03.jpg

Man, I dunno... They are calling for a low of 27 degrees here tonight, but it's still nearly 60 degrees outside. Is it really going to plummet 30+ degrees before daylight?

Back