• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C2 '63 split window

mrr23

The Alignment Guy
will be working on this car over the next couple weeks. replacing all the suspension bushings, shocks, and tune up.

11020244_853171054729009_4933159131533764122_n.jpg

Last edited:
some more pics

Attachments

• IMG_20150307_093828.jpg
    IMG_20150307_093828.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20150307_095512.jpg
    IMG_20150307_095512.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 372
I had an opportunity to buy one of these in the 70's but I had just bought a new truck and couldn't sell it. It was a 327 FI but the FI had been replaced with a Holley. It belonged to a Chief I worked with in the Navy. He was retiring and didn't want to ship it home to Minnesota. He had bought it for his wife but she found a 1970 LT-1 that she liked better and he had a '59 that he drove. I could have got it for $4200.00. I'll bet he regrets not keeping it as much as I regret not buying it.....:rolleyes:

also today started disassembling the rear suspension.

leftrearshockold.jpg

rightrearshockold.jpg

rightreartrailingarm.jpg

the transmission tailshaft seal leaking and dirty transmission

tailshaftseal.jpg

transmission.jpg

little more accomplished today. only one broken bolt. had to be in the pumpkin housing. trailing arm bushings had been replaced before. previous mechanic burned the old bushings out, left the old outer shells, and installed some sort of replacement bushing. don't know why as i easily removed the old shells. possible was afraid they would bend the arm.

brokenrearspringbolttopumpkin.jpg

passtrailingarm.jpg

passtrailingarmold.jpg

passtrailingarmoldshell.jpg

passtrailingarmnew.jpg

passrearapart.jpg

passrearapart1.jpg

I guess rubber bushings can only get so old before they just fall apart. Looks like a lot of work.......... :thumbsup:

amazingly enough all the brakes were done by the previous owner and those were the only rubber brake lines not replaced.

and those lines were bad. why the previous owner didn't replace these is beyond me. literally the only piece not replaced with the exception of hard lines. now we have working brakes all the way around.

leftrearbrakeline.JPG

leftrearbrakeline.JPG

completed rear bushing replacement and shocks. did alignment today as well.

rearcomplete.JPG

It's going to take one hell of a lot of Q-tips to clean the underside of that car adequately..... :hehehe:

'63 fuelie

We are the owners of the 63 fuelie, mrr23 has been working on and want to personally thank him and his team for their passion and commitment for work done on this great piece of history. mrr23 met our specific requirements and provided excellent workmanship within appropriate amount of time. We highly recommend him and his team and look forward to continuing to work with him, his team and network of like-minded experts, that work on these projects.

We are the owners of the 63 fuelie, mrr23 has been working on and want to personally thank him and his team for their passion and commitment for work done on this great piece of history. mrr23 met our specific requirements and provided excellent workmanship within appropriate amount of time. We highly recommend him and his team and look forward to continuing to work with him, his team and network of like-minded experts, that work on these projects.

Looks like you found a good solid example of a '63! Enjoy it, not too many around anymore! And welcome to the site!

Back