• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 BBK intake and throttle body

mrr23

The Alignment Guy
bought this off a guy on corvetteforum for $200.00 shipped. his turbo vette grenaded and did a little damage to #7. can be fixed.

intake.jpg

intakeportdamage.jpg

decided to do some port cleanup. really rough casting and already had a tiny bit of porting done.

before

intakeportbefore.jpg

used my 6" long porting bit to get deep into the port. this is using a 60 grit flapper wheel to smooth it down

60intakeport.JPG

finished up with a 120 grit flapper wheel.

120intakeport.JPG

How big is that throttle body?

I've understood that many people prefer the composite intake manifolds over aluminum because the aluminum can get heat soaked and heat up the incoming air. Guess it would be interesting to know HOW much heat difference there really is, though. Could just be a case of inconsequential differences. :shrug01:

80mm. and the heat soak will be an eternal debate. this will be the third time i've used an aluminum ls style intake. the speed in which the air flows through the intake makes it inconsequential. i've iced down my plastic ls1 intake and only gained about a tenth in the 1/4 mile.

there is a huge heat difference to the touch. maybe i'll get my temp gun out and take some readings to compare.

Yeahi, I doubt it would make any difference considering the way I drive... :hehehe:

thanks to Pirateslife4me​ for swapping my k/n fipk for this BBK CAI to go with my BBK intake i'll be putting on later.

cai.JPG

Back