• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Winter is coming

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Got down to 38 degrees on my porch last night (Sunday). Supposed to get a few degrees colder tonight. Frost warnings from 1 am to 9 am. :(

After the freeze of 2012 here we now have salt trucks(but no snow plows).

Sheesh, like I WANT to have salt splashed all underneath my vehicles. Not many things more corrosive than salt when it gets onto metal parts.

So if we get snow and ice here, that means I don't drive any of the vehicles anywhere until we've had a couple of good rains to wash the salt crap off of the roads. :banghead:

What kind of genius came up with the idea of putting salt on the roads anyway? Yeah, I know, it lowers the freezing temp of water, but still......

After driving on Maryland roads for a few years with my Bronco, when I moved down here I had to replace the gas tank because the salted roads up there rusted out the gas tank and perforated it.

Back