• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C2 Looking for tires

Cor66Vette

I'm searching the googlenet and get get close but no cigar. Doesn't have to be Michelin, but can anyone suggest a decent tire, and a place to purchase them at reasonable cost? Thank you.

I am looking to replace these. Michelin tire - 205 75R 15

DSC04245.jpg

Man that's a nice looking vette.... :thumbsup:

Seems to me the last few sets of new tires I have purchased came from TireRack.com. And yeah, I prefer Michelins too...

I've had good luck with this set of Michelins. They've been on since '99, so I think it's time to change 'em out. You have to look really hard to see any signs of dry rot, and it's so slight that it's tempting to just keep them. But that would be unwise and unsafe.

... and for the compliment about the car ... :thankyou2:

I've found that using a strong flashlight at an angle will often show up cracks in the sidewalls of tires that have passed their prime.

I've heard that tires have a shelf life of only six years, so I guess even if the tread still looks good, the rubber itself just doesn't last forever. Of course, it's the tire SELLERS who are claiming that figure, so I might just take that estimate with a little grain of salt.

Thanks for all the links and suggestions.

I rarely drive the car, so looking at a 90k mile warranty tire is ludicrous, also spending over a grand for a set of tires, for my use, makes no sense either.
A decent tire similar to the Mastercraft fits the bill.

Back