• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Going back to a C6

I have plans to go back to a used 2011 to 2013 C6. I sure miss my 06. I have a 2015 GT Stang. Fun car, but not C6 fun.

Not interested in a C7?

Maybe if the price is right. Been out of the loop for years since i sold my C6. My target is a used C6 from a 2011 to 2013 with under 35k miles in a price range of around 28 to 38k. I see some used Grand sports for the upper end of my price range. Maybe even a 2010 if it has low miles and in great shape.

I would be happy with a base LT1 A6 auto or a decked out grand sport with a A6 Auto. Anything to look out for in a used 2010 to 2013 A6 auto?

I do see some older 07's with low miles for under $26k. I would rather have a LS3. Not wanting anything older than 8 years old. Not sure how the first year C7's are or what to look out for. They seem to be priced a little more than what i want to pay, at around 42k and up.

Before you squeeze the trigger on a C6, give the C7 your serious, I mean SERIOUS consideration. There has never been such a dramatic difference from one generation to the next. The C7 redefines the Corvette. Good luck.

Before you squeeze the trigger on a C6, give the C7 your serious, I mean SERIOUS consideration. There has never been such a dramatic difference from one generation to the next. The C7 redefines the Corvette. Good luck.

I remember my 06 C6 being a big jump from my 04 C5.

So, what are the differences that you noted that were so impressive?

Back in 06 i was going thru cars every 3 months. Went from a 05 LS2 GTO to a 04 C5 LT3 Z51. The O4 C5 just seemed slow. Then going to the C6 was just a big gain in power and looks. I don't like the lack of low end grunt i have with the 2015 GT 5.0 i have now. I had done mods to the C6 so it had all i ever wanted.

Have you driven a C6Z06?

No , since they never came with a Auto trans back in the day. I live in heavy stop and go traffic so rowing thru the gears is not for me. I think a nice LS3 powered C6 with headers, and some other mods would give me all the power i would ever want.

So, what are the differences that you noted that were so impressive?

I'll try. My comments may not hold up in a court of law, though.

First- the looks. To me, the C7 is the most exotic, stylish sports car that ever came out of Detroit- Bowling Green, but you know what I mean. I owned an '03 50th AE when I first saw the C7 on the Jan 2013 cover of Autoweek, and knew then I had to have one. I waited till the 2017 model year because of some personal sentiment (my birth year is 1952 and the '17 would be out when I hit Medicare age). I am glad I waited because the Grand Sport was reintroduced in '17 and I fell in love with it.

I spoke with numerous (previous C6 owners) who traded up to a C7 and they are as much in awe with their C7. Without an exception, these Corvette owners, who've owned C6 and C7 say there is nothing like the C7. The interior is like a cockpit, designed with the driver in mind. The crappy seat issue has been addressed with more comfortable seats, bolsters that actually help keep you planted. I've driven C6 but never owned one, and the C7 is a better handling car. Goes faster and stops better- maybe because of the GS equipment??? I've driven a Jaguar F type- not in the same league. So it's not just a better Corvette, it's a better sports car all together.

Next time you're at a car show, ask around. You won't meet a regretful previous C6 owner, who now owns a C7. I tell you no lie.

Sigh... Sounds interesting. I just wish that they hadn't dropped the 427 cubic inch engine. I know it's silly, but that is just a magic number for me.

276 day supply of new C7's , The back lot at BG is overflowing and dealers are overstocked .Corvette are the 4th on the list of over production vehicles .

Looked at MacMulkin Corvette and they have base C7's for $49,000 with other discounts possible .In my case I think I could drive out of the lot for about $45-$46,000

The max i want to pay is 39k. Saw a pretty good deal on a 2013 LT2 C6 with around 3k miles for 35k. Something like that deal is what i am looking for. But would spend a little more for a Grand sport. Now if i could get some crazy low rate on a used C7 then maybe i would go as high as 43k. I am not the best car shopper.
I have a 800+ credit score so that helps, just not a expert at dealing.

I wish the local car dealers around here were worth a crap to deal with. I might consider trading in the C6Z for a C7Z IF I could actually get a deal, and IF GM got the heat soak problems resolved I had read about when the C7Z first came out.

Honestly, I SERIOUSLY hate the negotiation BS that car dealers put you through just to try to buy a car. And trying to do a tradein long distance just makes it worse.

But anyway, in your case, will you be trading in the Mustang? Or trying to sell it outright? That should bring in some coin for the vette you want to pick up.

I wish the local car dealers around here were worth a crap to deal with. I might consider trading in the C6Z for a C7Z IF I could actually get a deal, and IF GM got the heat soak problems resolved I had read about when the C7Z first came out.

Honestly, I SERIOUSLY hate the negotiation BS that car dealers put you through just to try to buy a car. And trying to do a tradein long distance just makes it worse.

But anyway, in your case, will you be trading in the Mustang? Or trying to sell it outright? That should bring in some coin for the vette you want to pick up.

I would trade it and i would get about what i owe on it. Did e mail Stingray Chevy about a Vette they had and a guy e mailedme back saying i see you like that Siverado we have for sale. Just goes to show what morons they have working at dealers.

Yeah, and once you email them, they are tough to shake loose too.

Good luck on your search. Let us know how it goes.

Back