• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

tires again

mikestag

not sure if this was asked before but___.i have a 03 coupe and need front tires.the rear ones are ok for now.they are run flats and i would like to get a set of non run flats for just the front for now.does any one know if there will be any handling problems with the mix and match thank you

When I was looking for tires, EVERYONE said you need to have the same type of tires on both front and back or you will DEFINITELY have handling issues. No one could give me any details, however, so I wouldn't rule out this just being an old wive's tale. But I sure wasn't willing to spend the money on the tires just to experiment.

My son had all 4 of the same brand on his '85 when he bought it and it was solid and responsive at the steering wheel.
He replaced the rear tires only with a different brand and the the car felt like you were driving on an icy road with wind gusts.

Back