• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

FOB stopped working

My FOB would not work this morning. Parked at a friends house and left the FOB out in the cold as we were moving stuff around. And it was dead. Placed it in my coat pocket and it worked 15 mins later. Wonder if it being cold was the problem?

Might mean that the battery is getting weak. Probably would be worthwhile replacing the battery just for grins. I've had to replace the FOB batteries for Connie's 2001 Silverado a couple of times now. I can't remember replacing any of the vette's FOB batteries, but that doesn't mean I haven't.

Might mean that the battery is getting weak. Probably would be worthwhile replacing the battery just for grins. I've had to replace the FOB batteries for Connie's 2001 Silverado a couple of times now. I can't remember replacing any of the vette's FOB batteries, but that doesn't mean I haven't.

There is a slot in the glove box you can stick the FOB in that should start the car. I don't think my 06 C6 had that slot.

Yeah, honestly I like having a REAL key to start the engine. Even with the C5s, there is too much circuitry between me trying to start the car, and the PCM allowing me to do that. Basically we are asking the PCM permission to "start the car, pretty please."

Back