• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Hurricane Irma

Well the forecast track I have been watching has changed drastically from what I saw yesterday. Now the track shows it heading directly for Miami, and then abruptly making a northerly turn right before land fall. So it seems obvious that they really don't know what it is going to do and everyone needs to keep a sharp eye out for this storm.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=34.4;-72.6;3&l=rain-3h&t=20170911/06&w=soft

No one has a clue this far out. Depends on a low digging down way to our northwest and a high way out at sea. If the high builds it could move it more to the west , if the low digs down more to the south it could turn the storm to the north sooner. I would wait another 5 days before i would sorry.

Well if that big storm comes into the Gulf, Connie and I are out of here. Not sure where we would go, though, as at any other time I would say it is time for our trip out to Texas, but, well, you know...... Harvey kind of messed up that plan.

Well they revised the forecast again. Now they are showing landfall at Homestead on Monday, 09-11 with Irma just going up the east coast of Florida.

Of course, that is a week away, and with the forecast changing as much and as often as it has lately, I expect the actual landfall might be dramatically different from what they are predicting right now. But still, might be a good idea to keep an eye on this one.

Been negotiating for a home in Marathon for a couple weeks .Guess I won't get to excited about it till after the hurricane season .

Well they revised the forecast again. Now they are showing landfall at Homestead on Monday, 09-11 with Irma just going up the east coast of Florida.

Of course, that is a week away, and with the forecast changing as much and as often as it has lately, I expect the actual landfall might be dramatically different from what they are predicting right now. But still, might be a good idea to keep an eye on this one.

The track will flip flop a 100 times over the next 4 days. If you ask me it is gonna get into the gulf and do three things. Head to LA or the pandhandle or make a hard hook and hit just north of Tampa. Or it could go west to south TX.

I was pre registered for a car show in Ponte Vedra on the 10th. My weather app says very windy with thunderstorms. That may be related to Irma, so I'm thinking of cancelling.

Yeah, the problem with a hurricane getting into the Gulf of Mexico is that it is going to make landfall SOMEWHERE.

Well, here is the latest predicted landfall as of 9:30pm. Landfall around 2:00 am Monday, 09-11. Or thereabouts. Windspeeds reaching into the 140+ mph range.

Attachments

• irma_prediction_09042017_0933pm.JPG
    irma_prediction_09042017_0933pm.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 98
Yeah, the problem with a hurricane getting into the Gulf of Mexico is that it is going to make landfall SOMEWHERE.

I think everyone will get something out of this one unless it can turn north before making it to the east coast.

Well, here is the latest predicted landfall as of 9:30pm. Landfall around 2:00 am Monday, 09-11. Or thereabouts. Windspeeds reaching into the 140+ mph range.

Just pray that high pressure system breaks down so it turns before it gets into the gulf. If it gets into the gulf and goes up the west coast it's lights out for millions.

Well, the latest forecast shows it swinging up the east coast of Florida, which is still going to mean lights out for a lot of folks if the prediction is accurate.

This is the position forecast for Sunday, 09-10 at 2pm EST.

Attachments

• irma_prediction_09052017_0240pm.JPG
    irma_prediction_09052017_0240pm.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 92
Well, this track seems to be telling a different story about the predicted track.

Attachments

• Irma_HurTrack2.gif
    Irma_HurTrack2.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 97
Yeah, by the weekend I will decide whether we should be packing our bags or not and whether we need to be heading north for a few days.

Man, it took us FOREVER to get things cleaned up from that last hurricane that came through here, and that was just a baby one.

Chainsaws at the ready........

It's looking better for us west coast guys. Just pray that ridge weakens more to allow the storm to start turning sooner. Just 50 to 100 miles can make all the diff in the world.

Yeah, just saw the track change this morning.

Hope the swing to the east sharpens to put that puppy out into the Atlantic.

Of course, the Caribbean is pretty much screwed, no matter what.

Attachments

• Irma_09062017_noon.gif
    Irma_09062017_noon.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 86
Back