• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cool spell coming through

Yeah, been watching that. Forecast low temps for Monday and Tuesday night are bouncing around from 28 to 31 degrees lately. We will be covering up Connie's pineapple plants for maybe four nights.

Cold? I'm in Iowa this morning, shut down due to ice on the roads. -2 with a -17 wind chill! Enjoy that BALMY weather down there!

Last night we got a low temp of 28.6 degrees. Today the high only got up to 48.4 degrees. We didn't even bother uncovering the pineapple plants.

Saw the birds this morning looking confused standing on the "hard water" in the bird bath unable to get a drink.

Some forecasts say tonight will be colder. Others say it will be "warmer". :shrug01:

Had a low of 32.7 degrees overnight, regardless of the forecast only calling for a low of 39 degrees. Luckily we covered the pineapples.

No temps below 41f last winter and so far 37f is the coldest this year. Only .60" of rain for the month so far.

Kind of chilly today. Looks like temps aren't going to get any higher than 51.6 degrees, which is the high so far. But with the temp right now showing 51.3, I think that is going to be max.

Regardless of the weather service's prediction of a low last night of only 42 degrees, it actually got down to 34.5. Of course we didn't cover up Connie's pineapple plants, so not sure how they are doing right now. Overnight low tonight is supposed to be 44 degrees, but not sure how believable that is.

Temperature last night in front of the garage got down to 29.8 degrees. Of course, the weather service was predicting a low of only 37 degrees most of yesterday. Then after nightfall, they changed it to a low of 34 degrees.

Luckily we covered Connie's pineapple plants anyway.

One forecast is showing a low of 41 degrees tonight. Another claiming 46 degrees. I suspect that neither will be accurate.

Well, the prediction for last night was a low of 38 degrees. Actually got down to 32 degrees. Supposed to be another cold spell coming through at the end of next week too. Calling for a low of 34 degrees on Friday night. But I am sure that will change 20 times before Friday night actually gets here.

Yeah, been warmer here than when I moved down here from Baltimore in 1991. Heck, maybe before I die I'll be able to grow coconut trees here. :)

Weather.gov is calling for a low of 29 degrees tonight and 35 degrees tomorrow night.

Weather.com is calling for a low of 32 degrees tonight and 36 degrees tomorrow night.

Then around this time next week, we should expect more of the same.

Back