• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cig lighter stopped working

Sort of blew any even remote chance of traveling we have had, right out of the water. We sure as heck don't want to be eating at restaurants, or anywhere someone else has been handling our food. And staying at a motel where who knows how many people who might have been infected with the virus stayed and slept in within the past month.

:dead:

Get an RV!

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,292
Actually I've looked at RVs, campers, etc. off and on the last couple of years, and always talked myself out of buying one. I guess when I drive around and see so many of them just rotting in people's yards, it kind of tells me something about how that "good idea" worked out for so many other folks.

The interiors of most seem to be made mostly out of cheap particle board and laminates, so I just don't think they will tend to hold up to well in the Florida heat and humidity. Most would not fit into my garage, so keeping it outside would just have it becoming a rat's nest in pretty short order.

I just think staying put here where I know there is much less likelihood of running into the CCP Virus than most other places is probably the smartest idea for us.

Mine's 10 years old now. I had a lifetime roof put on it before any leaks could occur so, no problems. We lived in it full time for nearly three years. Two refrigerators, three air conditioners, an Onan generator, queen size bed, two bathrooms, lots of storage. I can go anywhere or use it in the yard. What's not to like? And mine is a toy hauler so it has electric beds that retract up to the ceiling for even more room if you need it.

Mine's 10 years old now. I had a lifetime roof put on it before any leaks could occur so, no problems. We lived in it full time for nearly three years. Two refrigerators, three air conditioners, an Onan generator, queen size bed, two bathrooms, lots of storage. I can go anywhere or use it in the yard. What's not to like? And mine is a toy hauler so it has electric beds that retract up to the ceiling for even more room if you need it.

How much does something like that weigh?

Empty weight is 13K and change. I'm probably at about 17-18K with everything . That's with 140 gallons of fresh water and 30 gallons of gas, plus three 30 lb. LP tanks full. But the 6.7 in that Ford pulls it effortlessly.

Back