• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Picture from ALMS Corvette Coral StPete GP

Corvette Corral

They had 100 spots available for this. It doesn't appear they had that many vettes. How many did they have and did everyone have to buy the 3 day pkg. or could the get in the corral yesterday only? It looked awesome on TV!

I heard that they sold around 70 tickets. The package was for all three days, but the coral was only on Friday and Saturday. Sunday you are on your own for parking, food and so on, but you still had the reserved seats.

I believe there were approximately 40 cars in the coral.

98 softtail said:
TR6, How many laps did they let you make on the course and what speed did you get up to?

Joe B.

We did three laps, and we were told in the drivers meeting that we were to stay at 30 mph, although I and most everyone else went a little faster. I know I did 45 at a few points. What happens is you end up getting bunched up, so you are able to wait and then speed up.

Actually 30-45 does not seem fast, but those concrete walls sure look a lot closer then they are, plus they are a little intimidating also.

98 softtail said:
TR6, How many laps did they let you make on the course and what speed did you get up to?

Joe B.

We did three laps, and we were told in the drivers meeting that we were to stay at 30 mph, although I and most everyone else went a little faster. I know I did 45 at a few points. What happens is you end up getting bunched up, so you are able to wait and then speed up.

Actually 30-45 does not seem fast, but those concrete walls sure look a lot closer then they are, plus they are a little intimidating also.

We are so there next year! i didn't know about it till last Thursday...thought about doing it last minute but already had plans for Ecklers in Kissimmee on Sat. Thanks for the pics!

Back