• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Keep an eye out for weather developing below Cuba

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Looks like a tropical development beneath Cuba could put a tropical storm into the Gulf of Mexico early next week. Forecast is all over the map, but bears watching for folks along the West and NW coast of Florida.

Actually we are getting a bit of rain right now. I don't expect it to amount to much, though. It's been a bit of a dry side here lately and the forecast is showing just small percentages of rain over the next week or so. At least the last time I looked at it.

Forecast for this ETA storm is for it to basically swirl around in the southern Gulf of Mexico and then just fizzle out without any landfall outside of Cuba.

But there is supposed to be another tropical system kicking up below Cuba next weekend. But the tracking shows it basically staying right where it is at for the length of the forecast period.

My wife and I just returned from a walk .Very light mist here in Ft myers but windy .What ever we get will be between 6 pm today and 6am tomorrow after that light rain .

My wife said she doesn't give a damn as long as the Buccaneers play this evening .

Looks like the eye is right over the Keys right now.

Looks like from the long term predicted track that it is going to try real hard to head up towards Louisiana. Yeah, like they really NEED another hurricane there. :dead:

We are getting a light rain right now, but it is just at 0.01" so far, and I don't expect much more than that through the night.

Yeah, I can see that today might be your lucky day for rainfall, finally.

Seems to be the forecast for much of Florida lately: "Drought conditions with widely scattered flooding."

I'm parked in Ocala tonight for a 0530 delivery in the morning. We'll see. NWS is calling for 40-50 mph winds with gust to 60!

We got 0.72" of rain here today (Wednesday). Might be a bit more overnight, but I'm not expecting much. Looks like the center of the storm is going to be making landfall just south of Cedar Key, move through Gainesville and Jacksonville, then move out into the Atlantic, following the coast northward.

By midnight on Thursday, Eta will be history as far as Florida is concerned. And I suppose most of us will be headed back into nearly drought conditions for a while.

Wasn't much to it really. A few squalls, winds were gusting 30 to 40 mph at times. Not much rain between Ocala and Orlando.

It seems that most such storms are just media events. It sells advertising for them, so it is money in their pockets when they beat the drums louder to attract attention to something most people wouldn't have even noticed without the media.

I got 3.65" of rain and one gust to around 60mph. I could use another storm like that. That was more rain than i got in all of Aug.

Back