• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cooler weather

Yeah I hear that. But the power companies pretty much have you over a barrel. They would just pull the plug on you and that would be that.

I wonder how many people had a heart attack when they opened up their electric bill? And how about people who had set up auto-pay? Bet a lot of them had their checking accounts go into the red.

Probably a LOT of people will be looking hard at solar panels now. Heck even propane generators would make sense looking at those kinds of electric bills.

Yeah I hear that. But the power companies pretty much have you over a barrel. They would just pull the plug on you and that would be that.

I wonder how many people had a heart attack when they opened up their electric bill? And how about people who had set up auto-pay? Bet a lot of them had their checking accounts go into the red.

Probably a LOT of people will be looking hard at solar panels now. Heck even propane generators would make sense looking at those kinds of electric bills.

I would be moving out of that state. My bill was 90 last month.

I would be moving out of that state. My bill was 90 last month.

From what I read, apparently power company customers had a choice of either having a flat rate monthly bill per kwh based on usage, or a variable rate based on actual cost per kwh of the power to the power company. During normal times, the variable rate was apparently cheaper. But as was seen, it did have a substantial risk attached.

If it weren't so heavily wooded here around the buildings, I would be looking into solar panels myself. Heck, I still might do it. Couldn't hurt to get feasibility estimates, I would imagine. We have two electric bills, one for the home and the other for the out buildings. Total comes to around $300 to $400 per month for us, if I remember correctly. Connie pays all the bills, so I don't usually look at them until doing taxes every year.

We had a low of 32.4 degrees here last night. Might get a bit chillier than that tonight. Hope we don't get any of the new leaf and flower buds damaged on the fruit trees.

:ack2: They are calling for temps in the high 30s tonight and tomorrow night here. Hope it doesn't drop down lower to frost temps and kill off all the new growth and budding fruits on our fruit trees. :ack2: :ack2:

Low last night was 36.3 degrees. They are calling for even colder temps tonight with frost between 2 am and 9am. Damn... That might do some damage to the new growth on the fruit trees. :dead:

My weather station shows that it got down to 32.9 degrees overnight. Hopefully no damage to the fruit trees, but it might take a day or two to find out.

I was out in the yard yesterday using my minitrencher to dig up some large bamboo culms that were putting rhizomes into one of our citrus groves. I had to freehand the trencher instead of using the cart that I got for it, so it wore me out pretty well. My body is telling me in no uncertain terms right now that I am not as young as I used to be. :(

So I'm not sure I will be able to hobble around to take a look at any of the plants today. :dead:

Back