• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Hurricane season - 2021

I only see two models for wind speed on Ventusky. They are both calling for a tropical storm/maybe hurricane hitting Florida next week.

GEM is showing the storm coming up through the keys making landfall Monday evening. Wind speed indicates a weak tropical storm.

GFS is showing a much stronger and slower moving storm, likely a CAT1 hurricane that we be further west running up the west coast of Florida. Impacting the coast around Tuesday, 07-06 in the Naples area. Heading north through Tampa on Wednesday morning.

But yeah, I would like to see this become yet another false alarm. But even if not, probably not a good week to plan on going to Sanibel.

Looks like you get by ok with this storm. I may get the same with what we had with ETA last Nov. Maybe some 60mph gust.

Yeah, normally when the center of the storm passes to the east of us, we don't even get a good rainstorm out of it. Looks like you may get some substantial rain as a result, though. But it appears to be pretty fast moving. Hopefully no spawned tornadoes. They are always the wild card with hurricanes.

Well, two of the three models I am looking at (ICON and GEM) are showing the center of the storm passing right over top of us in Crawfordville Wednesday afternoon. :( I sure do hope their forecast of it being a fairly weak storm is accurate. Sure would hate to have to go hunting for the pieces of my new roof and putting it back together like some sort of jigsaw puzzle.

Maybe you should have put some buckets out to collect the rain water you may need later on this summer. I ran out of water for the venus flytraps that I have been collecting from tubs I put out to collect rain water, and Connie had to crank up the water distiller for me so I could keep those plants from drying out. You can't use just regular tap or well water for them of that will kill them.

Maybe you should have put some buckets out to collect the rain water you may need later on this summer. I ran out of water for the venus flytraps that I have been collecting from tubs I put out to collect rain water, and Connie had to crank up the water distiller for me so I could keep those plants from drying out. You can't use just regular tap or well water for them of that will kill them.

I have a 32 gal can for water. No wind at all so it was a dud. Got 3" over nite.

Looks like landfall between Steinhatchee and Perry. Nothing happening here at all. We have gotten 0.02" of rain since midnight. Might get a bit more today, but I'm not expecting much at all. No complaining, though.

We have had 39.14" of rain here so far in 2021. I would REALLY hate to see that much rain in only 10 days! :eek:

Heck, we got nearly 6 inches here in one day on January 1.

Attachments

• rainfall_2021_07.JPG
    rainfall_2021_07.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 870
Back