• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cooling down a bit

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Temps got down to 50.0 degrees overnight last night. So I guess Fall is here and Winter will soon follow. Such that it is for north Florida, anyway.

Got down to 46.6 degrees last night. Hope this isn't going to be one of those Winters where we get a real deep cold spell come in early that destroys our ripening citrus.

I am thinking of having a fruitcake sent to the White House. To join the others already in there.

But I am sure that would put me on the terrorist watch list.

I am thinking of having a fruitcake sent to the White House. To join the others already in there.

But I am sure that would put me on the terrorist watch list.

You better put this in the Roadhouse! FBI will be knocking on your door! :face_palm_02:

Heck, it got down to 44.4 degrees here in Crawfordville last night. Go figure..... :shrug01:

How is your new house coming along?

Getting new windows installed today. 46 of them! Never dreamed windows would cost what they do but these Window World vinyl ones actually cost less than an identical product from Home Depot. WW was $24K and HD was $37K! Crazy!

Getting new windows installed today. 46 of them! Never dreamed windows would cost what they do but these Window World vinyl ones actually cost less than an identical product from Home Depot. WW was $24K and HD was $37K! Crazy!

Ouch! Guess I'm lucky we only have 11 windows in our house. How many rooms do you have in that mansion you bought?

6 bedrooms, 7 baths, a living room, a den and an office, plus the foyer and stairwell. 4626 sq. feet heated and cooled. Oh, and the sun room is heated and cooled also. And amazingly there were only two months that our electric bill was over $100! We're not home a lot so we set the thermostats at 84 degrees. I'm sure that helps. But when we are home we set them at 68 in the bedroom and 72 on the first floor.

I had to look up the pic you provided of your home. Sure is nice looking! Looks like a real comfortable place to live. I guess you probably can't wait to get back home after being out on the road for long stretches.

Heck, I wish our electric bill was that low. We have two separate billings, one for the house and the other for the "reptile" building, which powers the garage too. Between the two of them, it normally comes to around $400 per month. :ack2:

44.6 degrees as the overnight low last night (Friday night). Forecast for more of the same for the next two nights.

Overnight low last night was 40.6 degrees. Might be even lower tonight, which means in the 30s... :ack2:

37.6 degrees overnight last night (Monday). I thought it might get colder.

Back