• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Possible hurricane (Ian) - 2022

Here is a look at the model tracking that is current today.

Attachments

• hurricane Ian tracks 09262022.png
    hurricane Ian tracks 09262022.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 126
Looks like they looked real hard at the multiple tracking models and GFS changed their prediction accordingly. Now showing landfall at Tampa Bay on Thursday, 09-29-2022 at 2:00pm.

Attachments

• hurricane_09262022_0210pm.JPG
    hurricane_09262022_0210pm.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 113
Fortunately the powers that be cancelled our load for Orlando and Lakeland for this week due to the uncertainty of Ian. I'm not unhappy about it. I hope and pray that where ever it lands that the damage and danger is minimal.

We passed a lot of bucket trucks headed south on 65 in north Alabama this morning heading down to stage for the power outages that we know are going to occur. I couldn't see what state they were from though.

Unfortunately, when a hurricane gets into the Gulf of Mexico, usually someone is going to get hurt...

The spaghetti models changed a bit recently.

Attachments

• hurricane Ian tracks 09262022_0500pm.JPG
    hurricane Ian tracks 09262022_0500pm.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 102
I heard a report saying the Tampa Bay area was a target and 10 foot surge expected there. The model you have seems to concur, at least for the moment.

Yeah man, stay safe. You can always replace material things.

Looks like you may get a couple years worth of rain from Ian. Seems like models are showing it stalling out and just sitting there just off the coast for at least 12 hours. Tornadoes could be a real problem.

I bailed out when Michael came up this way. Another big storm heads this way, Connie and I are out of here for a few days.

Yeah man, stay safe. You can always replace material things.

Looks like you may get a couple years worth of rain from Ian. Seems like models are showing it stalling out and just sitting there just off the coast for at least 12 hours. Tornadoes could be a real problem.

I bailed out when Michael came up this way. Another big storm heads this way, Connie and I are out of here for a few days.

Gonna be a long wind event. No surge for me it looks like so that is good. And maybe no weather for you at all.

Looking at different models, rainfall amounts between 15 and 40 inches in the Tampa Bay Area and north east of there. GFS model shows the highest amounts. That’s crazy.

Yeah, latest GFS model shows targeted landfall as Englewood Beach. Or thereabouts... I don't think we are going to get any rain out of it. Been having to water the citrus plants lately.

Just saw pictures of Tampa Bay and St Marks Florida (up near Rich), all the water has been sucked out! It’s dry!

Just saw pictures of Tampa Bay and St Marks Florida (up near Rich), all the water has been sucked out! It’s dry!

Must have been a hell of a big mound of water underneath that storm center. Would have been interesting to drive down and take a look at Mashes Sands Beach, but Connie had surgery on Tuesday and not much inclined to be moving around much.

1" of rain and a little wind.

We are just getting lots of wind. Not a drop of rain here.

Only 1.25". Winds started coming off the gulf and were around 60mph at 1 am. Lost power at 3am and just came back on. Feels like winter here thanks to the wrap around.

Back