• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Lookin for a little charity!!

c5inparadise

I bought cross drilled and slotted rotors awhile ago, but don't have the mechanical aptitude to install them. I was going to attempt the job using misc. how-to write ups, but I just don't have the confidence. I'd hate to start the job and get stuck. I'd rather learn how to do stuff to my vette rather than always relying on a shop. If there is anyone near Palmetto, or within an hour or so who could help me? I could sure use someone watching my back. Did I mention beer and pizza is on me!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wish I had the confidence to help you. I think the rotors are a snap, it's mess'in with the calipers that worries me. I think the job for anyone who has gone threw it is a cake walk, but I'm with you, I'd want someone with experience watching my back. Let me know if you get a taker, I'd like to watch the process too. I'm just down the road from you:wavey: ..........Tom

If I can get some help, I'll be sure to let you know. As far as I can decipher from the write-ups I've seen, the calipers need to be moved out of the way, not removed, during the install of the rotors. Therefore, there is no need to bleed the brake lines, which I would guess is a PITA.

Yeah, I'm with you. Getting a major "oopsie" with the brakes because you forgot something would make for a thrilling ride I would guess. Few things make you hair stand on end on the back of your neck like hitting the brake pedal and it goes to the floor! :eek:

I have no idea where Palmetto Florida is, but i'm located in Boynton Beach (Palm Beach County). If your local, i'm off tomorrow your welcome to come over and i'll give you a hand. It's really very easy, the worst part is removing the wheels.
Bob

I really appreciate the offer but I'm 3 1/2 hours from you. Palmetto is in between St. Pete and Sarasota. I know beggars shouldn't be choosy, but I'm hoping someone will chime in a bit closer. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

c5inparadise said:
I really appreciate the offer but I'm 3 1/2 hours from you. Palmetto is in between St. Pete and Sarasota. I know beggars shouldn't be choosy, but I'm hoping someone will chime in a bit closer. Thanks again.:thumbsup:
Well that's a road trip. :D Offer stands if you don't find anyone locally. :thumbsup:

I'll be glad to help, but the drive to Daytona Beach is not any closer. I put new ceramic pads all around and new shocks on at Christmas time, didn't do the disc, but who know, fathers day is coming up .....:wavey:

Bruc5e said:
I'll be glad to help, but the drive to Daytona Beach is not any closer. I put new ceramic pads all around and new shocks on at Christmas time, didn't do the disc, but who know, fathers day is coming up .....:wavey:
Hi Bruce:wavey: :wavey:

replacing rotors is prolly 5-7mins per side(with air tools and lift anyway).
I trying to think what can be screwed up doing rotors :shrug01:
maybe cross threading putting the calipers back on. so just take your time.
Its 2 bolts to remove the caliper, 2 to remove the caliper brakes, remove rotor. reinstall

difficulty scale of 1-10. 1 being changing oil, 10 being changing clutch.
I'll rate it like a 2.5, maybe a 3 for it being the 1st time.

I say have at it. tools I recommend, breaker bar and something to re-compress the pistons

FourG63 97GST said:
replacing rotors is prolly 5-7mins per side(with air tools and lift anyway).
I trying to think what can be screwed up doing rotors :shrug01:
maybe cross threading putting the calipers back on. so just take your time.
Its 2 bolts to remove the caliper, 2 to remove the caliper brakes, remove rotor. reinstall

difficulty scale of 1-10. 1 being changing oil, 10 being changing clutch.
I'll rate it like a 2.5, maybe a 3 for it being the 1st time.

I say have at it. tools I recommend, breaker bar and something to re-compress the pistons
..........rubber mallet to hammer rotor loose, and I have air tools and compressor I could bring:)! Just no experience :(.........Tom

I just had a Mod Party a couple of weeks ago...

I would be glad to help but I will be in Ocala this weekend and out of town for the next two.

If you can wait I can help you after the 19th.

Let me know.

Ivo

IVOZ06 said:

I would be glad to help but I will be in Ocala this weekend and out of town for the next two.

Let me know.

Ivo

Mini mod party dos? I've bought my new spark plug wires....you know, to replace the one that someone ripped off! :lmao: I bought Magnecor racing wires. I might as well change the plugs too. I'm gonna order those from Ernie at Breathless.

Window licker.

BTW, I bought your replacement serpentine belt. I'm also saving the 11 ball for you. Always have the 1 or 9 ball. They are both yellow.

IVOZ06 said:

Let me know.

Ivo

Hey Ivo, that would be great if you could help out. I would have come to your mod party, but I was out of town. Anyway, after the 19th is fine with me. Send me an email with your contact info and we can set something up. Again, thanks.:thumbsup:

c5inparadise@yahoo.com

Back