The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 04-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #21
gmwarranty
ExtendedGMWarranty.com

Name :
gmwarranty has disabled reputation
Smile

Read about Buying GMPP in Florida

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ead.php?t=2423
gmwarranty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #22
C6 Corvette - SRQ

Name :
C6 Corvette - SRQ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I did get a response from Fichtner, and he couldn't touch the price I got from MacMulkin. Tommy charges people who buy cars from him only $100 over their cost for the GMPP extended warranty.

I'm still not certain when the best time to buy is, however. Hearing conflicting stories. Some say that the policy starts at the purchase date of the policy, and others are saying that the policy starts at the date of purchase of the CAR. So will make a difference on when you buy the policy if the former is true.
I've been told that the GMPP policy's time period begins on the effective date of the policy, not when the vehicle was purchased.

In my case, I bought my new 'Vette in December, 2006. I plan on buying the GMPP plan at the end of September, 2007 because the rates for GMPP have generally been adjusted (higher?) every October. I could wait until just before the 12-month mark, but that might mean higher costs for the policy. And, it is only a matter of a coupla months...

With all of the do-dads, gee-gaws and electronic gizmo's (all technical terms) it seems like a no-brainer to me to buy GMPP. For example, how much would it cost me just to repair the magnetic suspension if it goes south? Or the traction control, or the nav system, or the...
C6 Corvette - SRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #23
gmwarranty
ExtendedGMWarranty.com

Name :
gmwarranty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Corvette - SRQ
I've been told that the GMPP policy's time period begins on the effective date of the policy, not when the vehicle was purchased.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Corvette - SRQ
I could wait until just before the 12-month mark, but that might mean higher costs for the policy. And, it is only a matter of a coupla months...
Purchasing the GMPP before 12 months from in service date or 12000 miles will result in a cheaper plan. Our last update was effective October 2006. So you are right to say that the next increase in pricing will be October 2007, unless something changes with GM before then. However, as you stated before you are purchasing coverage from the current mileage and time on your vehicle, not the in service date.
gmwarranty is offline   Reply With Quote