• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Problem with Navigation

THOR

For those of you with Navigation, perhaps you can help me. My 07 vert Nav is acting up. When I say "voice guidance on", it will respond and say "voice guidance off". I'm thinking WTF. I can't get it to talk to me. Any suggestions would be a great help. Mark:shrug01:

Maybe it's just being contrary. Try saying "voice guidance off".... :hehehe:

mte.smiles said:
For those of you with Navigation, perhaps you can help me. My 07 vert Nav is acting up. When I say "voice guidance on", it will respond and say "voice guidance off". I'm thinking WTF. I can't get it to talk to me. Any suggestions would be a great help. Mark:shrug01:
Is it the female voice? If it is, just say "shut up" and that SHOULD work. Just remember that "shut up" is a ONE WAY switch. Once you say that, she'll never quit talking! LMAO :lmao:

Thanks Guys. I could really use some good advice on this. I want to avoid going to the DEALER if I can help it. Mark

Have you already set a nav destination when you give the "voice guidance on" command? I think that if you have, the voice guidance will turn itself off.

Thanks Lou, I will test that to see if that works. I was trying to use a preset destination and I thought it should work.

I believe it is a glitch in the Nav system which they have not perfected yet. My 05 is the same, you talk to it and you might as well talk to the wall.

als2052 said:
I believe it is a glitch in the Nav system which they have not perfected yet. My 05 is the same, you talk to it and you might as well talk to the wall.

Voice recognition is not all it's knocked up to be... I don't think it's worth fighting with, personally speaking. A neat "gimmick" at best? Or, in my estimation, more of a pain-in-the-butt.

FYI, "mte.smiles" --- I've had pretty much the same experience that you are asking about. I did notice (right before I gave up on voice recognition it) that if I leaned really close to the microphone on the windshield pillar and spoke loudly and clearly --- it helped a little. But not much.

So, I now use the nav system the old-fashioned way... Manually. I wonder though, is it me or does the nav system's user interface leave a bit to be desired as far as ease of use? Not very intuitive --- or maybe it's my below-par user abilities. :rolleyes:

Lucky for me, so far I've only occasionally needed to use my 'Vette's nav system. When I have used it --- it took me forever to get it programmed and loaded with destinations. Gave good directions when I did use it though!

NOt a really big deal as far as I am concerned... But my Garmin Streetpilot GPS in my Hummer is a lot easier for me to use.

navy2kcoupe said:
Is it the female voice? If it is, just say "shut up" and that SHOULD work. Just remember that "shut up" is a ONE WAY switch. Once you say that, she'll never quit talking! LMAO :lmao:
:lmao: :rofl1: :lmao: :rofl1: :lmao: :rofl1:

Mark,

Please post and let us know what the dealer tells you... I have the same problem. Unfortunately, the vette Nav is NOT fully voice activated. I have not been able to get the voice activation to do anything but switch between modes (AM, FM, etc). The vette Nav is really a Mickey Mouse system compared to the wife's Infiniti M45 (which is totally voice activated) and has spoiled me. Sadly, this is one area where GM has scrimped and not put a 1st class system in its top of the line car.:shrug01:

thebeepster said:
Mark,

I have not been able to get the voice activation to do anything but switch between modes (AM, FM, etc). :

That is what I mostly use the voice activation for. Problem is that some times I tell it to switch to another station and it tells me that the "Restaurant Icons are on" :ack2:

Back