• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Shipped '69 and Z06 to Florida

Rich427

'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16
Well, today was the big day! I just shipped the '69 and the Z06 to Ft. Myers in preparation for our final move. I am flying down this weekend to take delivery of the cars. With the '01 vert already residing at our house in Ft. Myers, this leaves us Vette-less until we sell our house here in Maryland. Hopefully we will be there full time in the next couple of months.

I took a few pictures of the cars while they were being loaded. I hope this photoshow works!

http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/ze2EZ2zw

Worked for me.... :thumbsup:

I was trying to recognize the landscape, but I guess a lot has changed in that neck of the woods since I lived there.

Hope the move goes well.

Backyard Mechanic said:
That was cool,When do the Cars get to Fl.?Why are you at a Rite aid parking lot?
I noticed it to but thought it had to do with Band-Aids.

The Vid was awsome-great job.:thumbsup:

Hey BM!,

Here in Maryland, I live out in the country and my house is in a dead end community. The transporter's rig is about 80 feet long so he could get in my community but would never be able to turn around. So, I had to find a place reasonably close that had a parking lot that was large enough for him to setup and load the cars. The closest place was a local Rite-Aid a few miles from the house. It worked out great.

I am flying into Ft. Myers on Friday and the truck is supposed to arrive Sunday morning. He has another pickup in New York tomorrow morning then a delivery in Raleigh, NC on Friday. Then he will deliver my two on Sunday. At least that is the current plans.

Rich Z said:
Worked for me.... :thumbsup:

I was trying to recognize the landscape, but I guess a lot has changed in that neck of the woods since I lived there.

Hope the move goes well.

Thanks Rich! I hope the move goes well also.

For reference, the Rite-Aid is at the corner of Rt. 152 and Pleasantville Rd in Fallston. There was a shot of the '69 in the parking lot just before the transporter arrived and the road in the background is Rt. 152!

I had called Tom Sunday (he is the transporter and also a member of the Cumberland Valley Corvette Club) before the Memorial Day holiday and told him that he cars would be ready to be picked up any time after the holiday weekend. I got a call yesterday morning tell me that he had a truck ready to pick them up today. So, I did not have much time to get the cars packed, and the hardtop on the '69, or I would have gone and gotten you a big can of Utz's chips. Not sure how I would have gotten them from Ft. Myers to the panhandle of Florida, but I am sure we could have figured something out!

I'll let everyone know how my babies faired during their trip!

Rich

:thumbsup: Great show, Rich. Looking forward to seeing you when you get into town and can't wait to see those two new arrivals! They will almost fill up your new garage! Hope they have an uneventful trip and are here bright an early Sunday am for you :yesnod:

2Vettes said:
:thumbsup: Great show, Rich. Looking forward to seeing you when you get into town and can't wait to see those two new arrivals! They will almost fill up your new garage! Hope they have an uneventful trip and are here bright an early Sunday am for you :yesnod:

Thanks Linda!

Pretty cool way to get the Vettes here.:thumbsup:
Like Linda says, Hope their trip is uneventful.
Hope the sale of your home up their goes quickly and smoothly!!!:dancer01:

~Ray:thumbsup:

Rich427 said:
Hey BM!,

Here in Maryland, I live out in the country and my house is in a dead end community. The transporter's rig is about 80 feet long so he could get in my community but would never be able to turn around. So, I had to find a place reasonably close that had a parking lot that was large enough for him to setup and load the cars. The closest place was a local Rite-Aid a few miles from the house. It worked out great.

I am flying into Ft. Myers on Friday and the truck is supposed to arrive Sunday morning. He has another pickup in New York tomorrow morning then a delivery in Raleigh, NC on Friday. Then he will deliver my two on Sunday. At least that is the current plans.
We should have a Party for the new arrivival's, At your house:dancer01: :party: :champagne:

Rich I know you have owned the 69 for more than six months, but if you own the Z06 less than six months and the sales tax is less than 7% where you have the car registered you will have to pay the difference. You will probably also have to pay a $100 first time registration fee if they are registered out of state. Just a heads up.

Robert and I had lunch with Rich Saturday. He was anxiously waiting for Sunday and the arrival of the car hauler.
Well, Rich says the vettes got here this morning. :dancer01: He's taking pics he'll post when he gets home.

The Vettes arrived about 9:00 AM this morning and everything went great! I spent most of the day getting the cars unpacked and taking the hardtop off of the '69. I have taken some additional pics but will not be able to upload them into a photoshow until I get back the middle of the week.

Nytro said:
Rich I know you have owned the 69 for more than six months, but if you own the Z06 less than six months and the sales tax is less than 7% where you have the car registered you will have to pay the difference. You will probably also have to pay a $100 first time registration fee if they are registered out of state. Just a heads up.

Hey Nytro, nice to hear from you. Yea, I guess owning the '69 since 1989 qualifies for more than 6 months! I am on the edge with the Z06. I have owned it now for 6 1/2 months. I am leaving Florida on Tuesday and will not be back until at least the middle of next month. So, I am hoping that by the time I get them registered in Florida that I won't have a problem. But if I do, I already paid 5% in Maryland so it is not like they are going to get me for the full 7%. At least I hope!

Thanks for the information!

Rich

2Vettes said:
Robert and I had lunch with Rich Saturday. He was anxiously waiting for Sunday and the arrival of the car hauler.
Well, Rich says the vettes got here this morning. :dancer01: He's taking pics he'll post when he gets home.

Hey Linda, as usual, I really enjoyed lunch with you and Robert on Saturday. I thought you guys might come over today to see the cars but when you said that you were working on the house, I did not want to impose. We'll get together again the next time I am in town and I promise to bring one of the Vettes that you have not seen!

Rich

ynkedad said:
Pretty cool way to get the Vettes here.:thumbsup:
Like Linda says, Hope their trip is uneventful.
Hope the sale of your home up their goes quickly and smoothly!!!:dancer01:

~Ray:thumbsup:

Thanks Ray!

The fact that I knew the owner of the company, Tom Sunday, through the East Region of NCCC, and the fact that the driver was a former member of my Corvette club made this whole experience significantly easier on the nerves.!

As far as selling the house, like everywhere, the market is a little slow at the moment. As soon as that baby is sold, we are getting out of Dodge! Hopefully, in the next month or two. The wife and I are retiring in July, so we are ready! I'll let everyone know how things work out.

Rich

Rich427 said:
The fact that I knew the owner of the company, Tom Sunday, through the East Region of NCCC, and the fact that the driver was a former member of my Corvette club made this whole experience significantly easier on the nerves.!
Rich
Yea, that sure would take a few pins and needles out of the equation!:yesnod:
I'm glad things went well with the cars:thumbsup:
Looking forward to meeting you and the wife at future events here in FLORIDA!

~Ray

ynkedad said:
Yea, that sure would take a few pins and needles out of the equation!:yesnod:
I'm glad things went well with the cars:thumbsup:
Looking forward to meeting you and the wife at future events here in FLORIDA!

~Ray

Thanks Ray. Looking forward to meeting you as well!

Rich

Rich, nice PhotoShow! Cars look great! Your MD garage must be looking pretty lonesome right now! I can't imagine not being able to see my Vette for two months, much less not being able to drive it! Hope you and Joyce sell that MD house quickly! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Electra said:
Rich, nice PhotoShow! Cars look great! Your MD garage must be looking pretty lonesome right now! I can't imagine not being able to see my Vette for two months, much less not being able to drive it! Hope you and Joyce sell that MD house quickly! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks Carmen! We just want to sell the darn thing and be over with it. Ok, so it has only been a few weeks, but I must admit I am impatient!

Back