• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

90 members already!

Well, you know, we added close to 30 members just in the past 8 days. I think that is pretty darn good for this startup site! I've been spending some time each nite contacting Florida Corvette owners so hopefully the word will spread quickly. I would like to add some bells and whistles to this site, but am holding off to make sure this site is going to make it.

Let me know when you initiate supporting memberships. I think we would all like to see the site flourish:yesnod: ......Tom

exile said:
Let me know when you initiate supporting memberships. I think we would all like to see the site flourish:yesnod: ......Tom

Well thanks for the thought, but I think getting members is much more important then any financial support at this time. So help me spread the word.

This site is fun for me, so I don't mind footing the bills. If this site begins using up resources that take away from other other sites and I need to consider a bigger and faster server to handle it, well then I'll worry about that. I use the server this site is on for the webhosting I offer to people and some of my more utility type support programs for my other sites. So it's not the biggest nor fastest server out there, but should be adequate for a while.

I'm actually thinking of adding a feature here that may become very useful to some folks. Don't want to say much about it until I see whether it will meet the requirements I think it needs to have. Don't you just love teasers like this? :hehehe:

Thanks.

Well gang, we only need 7 more new members to have added 100 since the last goalpost (which is in 7 days). Think we can do it?

:party:

Well we made it over the 200 registered members mark. Not too shabby. Now all we need to do is to figure out how to get all of these members participating here every day. Right now, maybe 30 or so are coming back on a daily basis. What do the other 170 need from us to spend more time here with us?

Sweet!!!:dancer01: BTW, I'm with Tom on the supporting memberships. I'm all about supporting a "local" site:thumbsup:

Shadow said:
Sweet!!!:dancer01: BTW, I'm with Tom on the supporting memberships. I'm all about supporting a "local" site:thumbsup:

You mean like PAID memberships??? Why in the world would anyone want to pay for a site with only 200 members? And everything is free anyway? Doesn't the admin have to be the one who approaches this topic with hat in hand?

I've done this on a couple of my other sites and still felt guilty about it. But with 30,000 members on one and nearly 8,000 on the other, I figured I could get away with it because of the resources it was drawing........ :confused:

VicYelC6 said:
Good evening guys. New guy here, Ft Walton Bch. Just signed on. :dancer01:
Good to have you here. Great bunch of crackers on the new Florida Forum! Welcome..............Tom

exile said:
Good to have you here. Great bunch of crackers on the new Florida Forum! Welcome..............Tom

:lmao: :thumbsup: Ain't that the truth!:thumbsup: :welcome:

Rich Z said:
You mean like PAID memberships??? Why in the world would anyone want to pay for a site with only 200 members? And everything is free anyway? Doesn't the admin have to be the one who approaches this topic with hat in hand?

I've done this on a couple of my other sites and still felt guilty about it. But with 30,000 members on one and nearly 8,000 on the other, I figured I could get away with it because of the resources it was drawing........ :confused:

:lmao: :lmao: It just helps defray costs somewhere down the road. Totally voluntary of course.:thumbsup:

Great site!:thumbsup:

Rich Z said:
I'm actually thinking of adding a feature here that may become very useful to some folks. Don't want to say much about it until I see whether it will meet the requirements I think it needs to have. Don't you just love teasers like this? :hehehe:

Thanks.

Well Rich, what's the story here? :hehehe:

So what is the next goal you have set? Overall, is there a minimum number you'd like to see?

MADN3SS said:
Well Rich, what's the story here? :hehehe:

So what is the next goal you have set? Overall, is there a minimum number you'd like to see?

Just been real busy with my real business. Here it is into June already and I don't have my 2006 price list finished. :banghead: So I have to put the priority into that. That is what pays my bills, so I can't put that off for the playthings instead. I haven't even opened up the Reviews section I put on one of my other sites yet.

As for membership goals, heck I can't set any goals right now because I am not in a position to help try to meet them. Once the baby snakes begin hatching in a few weeks, my somewhat laughable "free time" is over with. At least until around October. It will be all I can do to just check in to say Hi now and again. I just have to hope I got a good nucleus of people here who will help spread the word and keep this site from dying on the vine in the meantime.

Thanks.

Rich Z said:
As for membership goals, heck I can't set any goals right now because I am not in a position to help try to meet them. Once the baby snakes begin hatching in a few weeks, my somewhat laughable "free time" is over with. At least until around October. It will be all I can do to just check in to say Hi now and again. I just have to hope I got a good nucleus of people here who will help spread the word and keep this site from dying on the vine in the meantime.

Seems like we've hit a wall with sign ups lately. Lets get the word out while Rich is busy with baby snakes.

Most of us dream about our jobs from time to time. Just think Rich must :sleep: have dreams of snakes all the time!

Back