• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

What's your weight?

CREWZIN

OK, since we're all in Florida, I'll ask a question about oil...basically about oil weight. Awhile back I had the oil pump replaced (in Maryland not in Florida) and the mechanic was impressed of the cleanliness of the engine bottom. I had about 130,000 miles at the time and he recommended that I run 15w50 because of the high mileage. I'm still running it, with seemingly no ill affects, but wonder if I should go to a different weight.

142,000 miles now. The cars in the garage most of the time. I run Mobil 1, AC filter and no additives. It doesn't use a drop of oil between oil changes at 3,000 miles (I know I could go further between changes). Out for a run/show about once a week. Very little racing but I do like to drive spiritedly and had a short blast to 140 last week on the interstate (against a Trans Am).

Back