• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

"84 Valve Covers

Cartrax

My new (old) "84 vette leaks oil at the valve covers. I was told the covers are probably warped and need replacing. Ok, so I go to Parts Train to order some new ones and am confused by the number of styles and choices. :shrug01: Not looking for anything fancy just something solid - any recommendations? On some good gaskets too? Thanks.

I've never heard of anyone having their valve covers warping. I think you just need a good, rubberized valve cover gasket.

85vette said:
I've never heard of anyone having their valve covers warping. I think you just need a good, rubberized valve cover gasket.

Ditto on the gaskets. Someone out there makes silicone gaskets that conform to slight curves in your covers. Thick cork works well also, old school but effective.

Joe B.

Valve Covers

Always good to ask the question. Thanks for the replies, you may have saved me some coin. I'll try some decent gaskets.

Back