• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

08 Door Creak

Robl45

Guys, my door is creaking whenever the drivers window is all the way up in my 08 vert, drop the window slightly and it goes away. Any suggestions on an easy fix?

I'd rather slit my throat than take it to the dealer. So far I put the top down and then up again and it made it a little better. Seems to be some creaking from the panels in back too but most seems to be coming when the window is all the way up. what can the dealer do that I can't do myself? If I need to bring it in, I will, but until that time, I'd like to work on it myself.

A lot of folks are leery about going to a dealer but I would at least give them a shot before going somewhere else, especially with a brand new car. If you go somewhere else first and they mess it up, the dealer may not be sympathetic if you take it to them later. I'm not saying they won't cover it, but dealers can be funny about warranty stuff. Just my .02

I would venture to guess that something is slightly out of adjustment in either the side window, or the top irons.

I wouldn't take it somewhere else, just wanted to work on it myself. I maybe will try to lube the weatherstripping and see what happens. Part of the problem of taking it to the dealer is I have to miss work to do it. Plus I don't think they are giving me a rental car to fix a creak like they do at the lexus dealer. I need a car or I don't get to work.

Back