• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Dimmit Show 09/22/07

JIM KILL

TampaBay Vettes
SEPTEMBER 22, 2007 SATURDAY

Sponsored by:
DIMMITT CHEVROLET

Home of
BAY AREA CORVETTE CLUB
25485 U.S. Hwy. 19 N., Clearwater, Fl 33763
(Rain or shine)
PLEASE APPROACH DIMMITT FROM THE SOUTH DUE TO CONSTRUCTION

September 22, 2007 9am – 3pm
$30 Registration Day of Show (9:00 til Noon)

Peoples Choice: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards (31 Trophies)
C1, C2, C3, C4 (84-90), C4 (91-96), C5 (97-00), C5 (01-04), C6
(Acceptable stock changes: Minor trim (interior), exhaust, air intake, wheels)
New: Custom C1, C2, C3, & Custom C4, C5, C6
Dimmitt’s Choice

*Door Prizes *Goodie Bags (1st 100 Pre-Registers only) *Free Breakfast on Premise while supplies last or until 9:30 a.m. *50/50 Drawing *Polo Shirt (1st 100 Pre-Reg) *Vendors
*Muffler Rapping Contest *Bloodmobile *Lunch Vendors *Great Music by "Live Band"
PLEASE NO "FOR SALE" SIGNS
Questions? Contact Audrey @ aud1099@yahoo.com
For more information, visit our website at

www.baccvette.us

Registration for “Dimmitt 10th Annual Corvette Show”
Please make $30 check payable to: Bay Area Corvette Club

Name:____________________________________________Phone_______________________________

Address:__________________________________________City_________________________________

E-Mail____________________________________ClubAffiliation___Tampa Bay Vettes_______________

Year of Car (circle one) Class: C1 C2 C3 C4 (84-90) C4 (91-96) C5 (97-00) C5 (01-04) C6
Custom C1 C2 C3 or Custom C4 C5 C6 (see above for difference in stock & custom)

I agree to hold harmless the Bay Area Corvette Club (BACC), any and all members, for any damage occurring to my vehicle or my person while attending this event.

Signature_________________________________________________Date_________________________

Hey Jim,

I should be there.

A few of the SCA members are meeting up to do a caravan over to the event.

If you're looking to join a club or you just want to join in the fun of caravaning over there come on at and join us. :thumbsup:

We'll caravan to the show, meeting at Automotive Engineering on Ulmerton & U.S. 19 @ 7:30 am, promptly leaving for Dimmit Chevrolet @ 7:45 am.
WHERE: Automotive Engineering
13500 U.S. 19
Clearwater, FL 33764

Registered and looking forward to meeting everybody in that neck of the woods... Will have my Corvette Fla sign on my dashboard...

Dimmitt

I am going with my grandson, we will just putt up in the 94' Cavalier.
I'll be the one with drool hanging off of my chin. Man, I just have to sell my house.

Wow, Thanks!

Jim:

Thank you for posting this. Never hurts to have as much info as possible. Please look me up at the show. I'll be the fat guy sitting on his butt, no wait, that's all our members!!! Seriously, 6'2"-260, blond fellow trying to get everyone parked. After that sitting on his butt......:lmao:

See ya Saturday...

Dimmitt

Very nice show. Lots of great looking Vettes. My grandson took alot of pictures and scanned the rows with a video. Felt sort of out of place not being a Corvette owner. Decided I wasn't as fond of the JetStream Blue as I thought I was, once I saw it in the flesh. Do love the Crystal Red though. Everyone seemed very friendly.

Yeah, I've seen one of the Jetstream blues up close and had ambivalent feelings about it. I think it looks real good up close, but from a distance, it just doesn't look right to me. "Baby Blue" comes to mind.....

Very nice show. Lots of great looking Vettes. My grandson took alot of pictures and scanned the rows with a video. Felt sort of out of place not being a Corvette owner. Decided I wasn't as fond of the JetStream Blue as I thought I was, once I saw it in the flesh. Do love the Crystal Red though. Everyone seemed very friendly.

Kept drizziling over here and my vette leaks:(

Can you post some pics and/or the video on line?

Love to see what I missed:thumbsup:

Good to meet Jim Kill and Pres712. Show was great, rain was a nuisance but bearable and suprisingly the heat stayed away...

Except for the rain, I had a great time. Met a lot of great people and saw some amazing vettes.
Someone asked to post a few pictures. Well I'll give it a shot.

C6Z06.jpg

Chrome1.jpg

MyfirstPlace.jpg

Show5-1.jpg

Show8-1.jpg

Show3-2.jpg

Thanks

For the first time in 10 years it rained! I guess we've been pretty lucky considering it's Florida! But, we had only one pre-register not show and all in all we had close to 100 cars that braved the weather. Thanks to all our workers who got drenched and especially to those that showed anyway. At least we got to see those raindrops bead up and run off great cars. For our 10th annual we had more vendors, more classes and great goodie bags.

Looking forward to next year!!! :dancer01:

I thought the weather was perfect..Stayed from 8:30 till 4:00 and never broke a sweat...The show was good. I did get to meet some new people but I did not connect them to the forum, except for Tom King(Suicide)..We need "Hats"....:thumbsup: Congrats to Tom for taking home 2nd place in his class...:thumbsup:

I thought the weather was perfect..Stayed from 8:30 till 4:00 and never broke a sweat...The show was good. I did get to meet some new people but I did not connect them to the forum, except for Tom (Suicide)..We need "Hats"....:thumbsup: Congrats to Tom for taking home 2nd place in his class...:thumbsup:

Thanks for the recognition and congrats to you on taking home A very nice eagle trophy too.

It’s always a lot of fun when you get the SCA Club together. It was also very cool to meet some members on this forum. :wavey:

Because we all had to wait in our cars for 35mins before we were allowed to enter the event I think I’ll show up an hour late next year. I don’t think anyone thought that was cool but you can’t have it all.
Dimmitt put on a great show with a good comp breakfast, nice people and good prizes.
I didn’t mind the rain but I did mind not winning the $201 50/50 drawing. Jk….

See you all at the next event.

Thanks

Thanks for the recognition and congrats to you on taking home A very nice eagle trophy too.

It’s always a lot of fun when you get the SCA Club together. It was also very cool to meet some members on this forum. :wavey:

Because we all had to wait in our cars for 35mins before we were allowed to enter the event I think I’ll show up an hour late next year. I don’t think anyone thought that was cool but you can’t have it all.
Dimmitt put on a great show with a good comp breakfast, nice people and good prizes.
I didn’t mind the rain but I did mind not winning the $201 50/50 drawing. Jk….

See you all at the next event.

Tom: Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry about the 35 minute wait but our flyer did say 9AM. We asked our members to be there at 7AM and after setting up the tents, breakfast, etc., and making sure everything was ready, we opened the "gates" at 8:30. But, as you say, you liked the breakfast, the great looking trophy and how about them goodie bags? I'm disapointed no one mentioned them. I personally had them made up and stuffed with what I thought was a lot of great "stuff". Sniff, snivel, sniff, blow......:hehehe:

I think the Goody Bag design was outstanding. My wife was unable to attend, but she like the bag the minute I brought it into the house.

I receive a first place award and those too were nicely done. My compliments the Bay Area Corvette Club.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I love dem bags. I sold mine on eBay for $2000.00 jk.
No really, the bags were great and all the stuff in it was sweeeeet.:thumbsup:

Back