• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Turn Signals

C5Rick

On the way home from Venice last week an issue started with my turn signals. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. When they don't, it's right & left plus the 4 ways. When I use the signal, nothing happens.

I'm guessing you checked your fuses?If so , then you have a loose contection somewhere in your lighting harness,does you idoit lights come on?If so the you can pin point it to just the lights them self,does your rear one's work?If so then the problem is in the front one,could just be the bulbs themselves,need more info bro.

Rick,
Rob is right, if you have a bad bulb it will cause that side to stop blinking, it is not uncommon for a bulb on either side to go bad at the same time. Turn on the car and try either turn signal, check both front and rear, the one that is not lit-up is the bad one. Do this for R & L, and check F & R. If all 4 lite up but no flash then your flasher relay is bad.

Good Luck.

I've had some bulbs go out in my turn signals and the symptom I got was that the turn signal sounds twice as fast as normal. Only had the front ones go out, however, so I've no idea if the rears cause the same thing.

Never had the turn signals just not work at all from a bad bulb.

Ah.... the typical C5 front bulb issue. Change the offending bulb. If it continues to go out, the pigtail will need to be replaced. The pigtails seem to burn out often. I think that it is heat related due to DRL's. Mine are still nice and have never taken out a bulb. Probably because years ago I got rid of my DRL's.

Thanks for the replies, but it's not a burnt out bulb.
The problem is, sometimes they flash and sometimes they don't. When they don't work; front and rear; right and left and dash indicators won't light.
When they work all flash fine.
I parked the car and waited 5 minutes and tried them and nothing. Waited 5 minutes and they worked fine, all I did was open and close the door. If there's a loose connection would closing the door effect it?

On C-5s the flasher was a common problem. Unfortunately, it's part of the hazard warning flasher, and a tough part to change. I was able to get mine working again whenever it stopped by pushing the hazard light button a few times. Worked for a while, but not permanently.

Flasher relay

davekp said:
On C-5s the flasher was a common problem. Unfortunately, it's part of the hazard warning flasher, and a tough part to change. I was able to get mine working again whenever it stopped by pushing the hazard light button a few times. Worked for a while, but not permanently.
I have not had the pleasure of replacing a flasher relay on my C5 yet, where is it located, just in case?

Joe B.

To Flash or not to Flash

Rich Z said:
I've had some bulbs go out in my turn signals and the symptom I got was that the turn signal sounds twice as fast as normal. Only had the front ones go out, however, so I've no idea if the rears cause the same thing.

Never had the turn signals just not work at all from a bad bulb.
That is the question.
Rich you could be correct on this, I can't remember if my vette's flasher just stopped flashing or did the double flash thing....Hmmmm. Should I go out and pull a bulb to check....NAW.....! I am sure someone will clear this up.

Joe B.

98 softtail said:
I have not had the pleasure of replacing a flasher relay on my C5 yet, where is it located, just in case?

Joe B.
Unfortunately it is part of the hazard switch assembly - a real PITA to change.
Dave

davekp said:
Unfortunately it is part of the hazard switch assembly - a real PITA to change.
Dave
Naw,it's not as bad as it Looks!!:lmao:

attachment.php

Just Kidding!!:thumbsup: You don't have to take the Whole dash out!! Just the Dash pad!!:thumbsup:

Now if we could only get the snowbirds to quit REMOVING their signals when arriving in Florida, we could discriminate who actually has a burned out turn signal bulb or has them completely removed! :lmao:

Back