• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Post photos of your first Vette!

Ms. AntiVenom

Vicious Evil Person
His first was a 64 I belive, but this was the real first street legal one

This is a 79 of course, He was still in the air force stationed in N.Y. and working at a vette shop there.

This was at his family's farm in maryland :rofl1:

f5b0ab.jpg

zn5stl.jpg

P.S. I have to hear about this car at the least, Once a week! It is the one that got away, ladies and gentlemen you are now veiwing photos of the worlds most perfect corvette....:rofl1:

and It would be nice to see others post photos of their first vette, so Im changing the title

That is what I like the most of the photos.

Mabye when I go to my familys coal farm in virgina I can get some good shots of my car:p:rofl1:

Hey Ms AV,

Here is a current picture of my first Vette. I have owned this since 1989 and did most everything with the restoration except the paint. Of course, they are never completely restored, you are always doing something to them.

I took this picture back in June as I was waiting for the transporter to ship it to the house here in Ft. Myers. That is why the hardtop is in place. I almost never put it on the car. BTW, that is also the Maryland countryside in the background.

Floridashipment69andZ06-02.jpg

Rich

My first vette was a 68 427 Tri-power 4 sp Roadster (Both Tops)I bought it in the summer of 69 Crashed with 8600 miles!! Rebuilt it my first year of Technical School in Auto body Class at KSHS!! Sold it with 66,000 miles for $4000 to help pay for My first New Corvette in late 77!! I still have it un-restored with 62,000 miles and wished I still had the first one!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Last edited:
That is a nice car! Greg is rather fond of it when he sees the photos.
I guess Maryland has all the nice vettes visit.

Junkie, Very nice, Is that you in the photo? You look like one of those tough guys from the movies that everyone is scared of:rofl1:

seems to be a C3 thread, Funny because I have been eye balling an 80.
Gregs dad has a 71 LT1 and 82 survivor (a Z16 too), Everytime I go over there I like to see those cars, They are really growing on me

(man he just now stated how he misses his 79 AGAIN in the back of the shop,I heard the echo):rofl1: I must hide these photos

I 'd like to post a photo of my first vett brand new 1967 black vert big block.Only problem is the Dealer in Hartford Ct. sent the state police to get it back.Hell I only borrowed it for the weekend.

This was in 1976. Youngstown , Ohio. That is my father in the picture and at the time he was 46 years old. I am now 8 years older than he was in that picture. I have owned Corvettes and had one in my garage every day of my life since that picture was taken in Oct. 1976. It has been 31 years of triumphant corvette ownership:peelout 1:
1976.jpg

Last edited:
This was in 1976. Youngstown , Ohio. That is my father in the picture and at the time he was 46 years old. I am now 8 years older than he was in that picture. I have owned Corvettes and had one in my garage every day of my life since that picture was taken in Oct. 1076. It has been 31 years of triumphant corvette ownership:peelout 1:

Wow,,, that's a LOOOONG time to have owned vettes,,, I thought 1953 was the first year.... LMAO......:lmao:

In 1976 I was driving a TR6 and living in Lake Milton, OH
I was just at Lake Milton this summer. Back in 1976 I had a lot of friends that lived out there. We used to ride dirt bikes around there, off season. In season spent much time in and on the lake.

AMSoriginal.jpg

1992 black coupe. Bought it in 1992 and sold it in 2004 for my current vette. I still miss her.....:yesnod:
This photo was taken during the 2003 caravan to the NCM for the 50th anniversary of corvette. It was on the road course at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. I'm the passenger, the driver is Andy Pilgrim :thumbsup:

Here's two pics of me in my Admiral Blue C4 I used to own. Like 2Vettes I was also at Atlanta for the 2003 Caravan but I chose to do the hot laps on the oval course. I was at about 135 mph during these pics. I thought I could go faster but that wall looks alot bigger and meaner in person when your brain tells you that you can't go too fast and still make the turn!!!!:crazy03:All I could fear was blowing a tire and heading right for the wall. I saw a C5 I think it was crash in the road course earlier and that was enough for me!!

2003_0625_171440AA.jpg

2003_0625_171540AA.jpg

Back