• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2009 Corvette SS - 650 hp

I'd like to see a real feature list. I expect quite a few people wanting the "latest and greatest" will dump their C6 Z06 in favor of this newest model. Already seeing Z06s going for the low $60s, so I'm guessing $50K might be in the realm of possibility come next Fall. So how far would $40K in mods on a C6 Z06 go in comparison to the list price of a Corvette SS? How much will dealers try to mark up the sales price for the first wave of "gotta have it" people? Think they'll push that price up into the Ferrari level?

Not real crazy about that canyon in the hood. But I guess it might come in handy putting a bag of groceries there if the trunk is full.. :hehehe:

I think it looks sweeet. I just don't care for those rims but you can always do mods.
I'll take 2 please. :hehehe:

0703_z+2009_chevrolet_corvette_SS+front_corner.jpg

I'm kinda with RichZ on this one as I too don't care for the hood canyon. To riceish IMO:(

A nice hood like the ones on the C5R might look better.

Rich, you can bet the stealerships are gonna jack that $$ way up:thumbsup:

They're going to be on that like freebie night at mamasans:lmao:

Unless I were going to race it competitively, a collector, or just had more $$ than sense, I'd have to say pass....

I love cars, but can't justify the downpayment on a condo on the beach for a car....:nonod:

Yeah, I think the price is gonna be waaay out of reach for most folks. Looks like they "borrowed" the hood from the Ford GT.:nonod:

I'm kinda with RichZ on this one as I too don't care for the hood canyon. To riceish IMO:(

A nice hood like the ones on the C5R might look better.

Rich, you can bet the stealerships are gonna jack that $$ way up:thumbsup:

They're going to be on that like freebie night at mamasans:lmao:

Unless I were going to race it competitively, a collector, or just had more $$ than sense, I'd have to say pass....

I love cars, but can't justify the downpayment on a condo on the beach for a car....:nonod:

0703_z+2009_chevrolet_corvette_SS+front_corner.jpg

Riceish? I would have to strongly disagree with you there. If you go to the ALMS site (American Le mans Series) that these cars race in you will see that the fastest cars have some sort of vent in the hood to release the air while at 160-190 mph.

Here's a few pics.... And the hood design is directly off of the Corvette race car as seen in these pics....

C6R like the Corvette SS:

chevrolet-corvette-c6r-06.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-c6r-05.jpg

And the "nice hood like the C5R that might look better";)

chevrolet-corvette-c5r-10.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-c5r-18.jpg

A Ron fellows Edition C6R (raced only 2times this year, 12 hours of Sebring and Mosport, Fellow's home town track).

2007_0317Sebring-1of20097.jpg

And another C5R (MY PERSONAL FAVORITE C5R!!!:dancer01:)that was raced in a single race livery blue in the 24 hours of Le mans race in 2003 to commemorate the Corvettes repeated wins in that series. The 2004 Z06 is designed by the factory to mimic this pain scheme and was sold on only 2,025 Z06 models to the public (only the blue Z06's, other colors for that year did not have the stripes).

chevrolet-corvette-c5r-36.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

Back