• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Brake Fluid

C5Rick

Just noticed my brake fluid is looking pretty nasty. Is there anything special to flushing an ABS system or should it be taken in for service

Last edited:
Help on the way!!!

Come over Saturday afternoon about 3:00 and have Insta-Lube do it!!!

Just noticed my brake fluid is looking pretty nasty. Is there anything special to flushing an ABS system or should it be taken in for service

:ack2: IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT AND YOU ARE BORED!!!!!!:ack2:

WE HAVE AN IN-FORMAL CAR SHOW EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT ...FROM ABOUT 6:00pm TO 8:00pm AT ANDREH'S INSTY-LUBE ON NORTH DALE MABRY IN TAMPA.

YOU CAN'T MISS US....JUST SOUTH OF ERLICH ROAD NEXT TO PIZZA HUT.

WE HANG OUT FOR A FEW HOURS AND THEN GO TO RONNIE STETSERS CAR SHOW ON GUNN HWY..... AT BURGER KING OR LARGO BURGER KING ON 19 EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT.......JUST TO HANG OUT.

COME OVER AND TALK SOME "CORVETTE AND CAR TRASH" WITH US...AND PICK ANDREH'S BRAIN FOR CORVETTE OR ENGINE TECH INFORMATION. COME OVER ALITTLE EARLIER AND GET THAT NASTY:ack2: OIL CHANGED OR LET HIM DO SOME UNSCHEDULED MINOR REPAIRS.

:welcome: ALL CARS ARE WELCOME.....COME IN AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!!!:wavey:

WE HAVE A LEAST 20 CORVETTES/HOT RODS/CUSTOMS SHOWING THERE WEARS!!!!:thumbsup:

:dancer01: SEVERAL CORVETTES FOR SALE ALSO!!:dancer01:

:eek: JIM "Yellow Z06" :eek:

MAP:
http://maps.citysearch.com/map/view/2680581

Just changed mind ,of course I did it,I trust noone:lmao:I did it the old school way,just empted the it with a Turkey baster,then fill it up with Syt. brake fluid then bleed the system,it's that easy.20 mins. then your done,brakes fell alot better now,but i only have 20k miles on her.

If you have a manual transmission, you may want to check the fluid in the clutch reservoir as well.

Just changed mind ,of course I did it,I trust noone:lmao:I did it the old school way,just empted the it with a Turkey baster,then fill it up with Syt. brake fluid then bleed the system,it's that easy.20 mins. then your done,brakes fell alot better now,but i only have 20k miles on her.

Watch out Rob, Mary will have you cooking the Turkey next month.

Watch out Rob, Mary will have you cooking the Turkey next month.

She won't use that turkey baster no more:lmao:Plus I don't cook that day,my one day to work out,we always do the 5k Turkey Trot,then I come home and can't feel my legs for 2 days:lmao::ack2:Then I stuff my face:crazy03::thumbsup:

To all, I believe in changing brake fluid every year or two. With ABS and traction control you cannot use silicone brake fluid that prevents corrosion. You have to use glycol based fluid that will attract moisture and corrosion. Changing the fluid becomes very important or you will encourage components wearing out from the moisture made corrosion and wear down of internal parts of the break system. Read up on it and get it changed regularly.
Mort
Citrus County Corvette Club

Change It

I change the fluid in the resevour of the clutch, brakes, and p/s when I change the oil. DOT4 in the brake and clutch, and syn trans in the p/s.

Here's a pun, "An ounce of prevention". or two....:thumbsup:

Bugman

Back