• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2008 Daytona 500 Pace Car - A ZO6

First impression from the photos I've seen.....:nonod:
Maybe after some time....:shrug01:
Probably looks better in person :thumbsup:

At least it looks better than the Nascars! My brothers and I will be at the 50th running of the Daytona 500 to see the race in February. Anybody else going. Can't wait to see the pace car growl around the track. :thumbsup:

At least it looks better than the Nascars! My brothers and I will be at the 50th running of the Daytona 500 to see the race in February. Anybody else going. Can't wait to see the pace car growl around the track. :thumbsup:

Went last year and froze my azz off ,coldest 500 on record.I uselly try to go to the Bud shootout .Short /night/fun

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing that sitting in my driveway....... :thumbsup:

I guess I am just the opposite. I think the gold would look great with different graphics. The gold base does not look good with the red and blue stripes over the subtle checkerboard base for the stripes.

I have own a gold corvette since 1969 and people either love it or hate it. Not much in between. So, I like the gold Z06 just the graphics don't go well with the base color.

Rich

Yeah, I think if they had limited the graphics to silver and black it would have been a much better eye catcher....

From an artist's perspective...those colors are just HORRIBLE. Should have left the car white...those graphics would have been sweet. Or like Rich said, silver and black graphics on the gold would have been MUCH better. The checkerboard treatment was a nice touch...everything else was poorly designed around that crappy gold color, but if I recall, most of the time the pace cars are just loud and obnoxious looking anyway. I just think the ZO6 deserves something a little more classy...not that I'll be watching the race anyway.

Here's my version...since it's the 500's golden anniversary I figured I'd leave the gold.
2008-2.jpg

Back