• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Accident damage info

sarchevyman

HI I am selling a 2000 black coupe in the FS thread, I had a guy run a carfax on it and he stated that in 2003 it was in an accident and had frame damage that was repaired. When I bought the car in 2006, the dealer ran a carfax branded title check which shows the title as being non-salvage, but had no history. My question is how can I get more info on the accident in 2003, and where can I have the car inspected to get it verified that the frame is 100% correct and the damage was 100% fixed and the vette is safe with no issues.
Thanks steve

carfax is wrong all the time!!! call them on it, they should have a shop name, date and repair order number to back up their claim!!!

If you find the location of the crash, I'll pull the crash report for you or you can do it yourself. If it was bad enough to cause that kind of damage to the frame, there will be a report!

Thanks you guys are the best, the carfax report shows
07/14/2003 42,854 Collision Repair Facility
Illinois Structural / frame inspection performed
after an accident or other incident
Structural / frame damage reported
Damage to rear

Thats all that says on the report, I am going to contact carfax to see if maybe they can give me an address or something about the repair shop. I was surprised to see no entry on the report about a police report being filed, but I am not sure if carfax obtains that info.
I really appreciate all the help. Thanks Steve

I don't believe Carfax is privy to all the detail (crash report numbers, etc). They get thier information by brokering from the insurance industry, repair facilities, dealer shops, and public records.

They may have more on the repair facility but it's not likely.

You'll have a pm in a few minutes.

Thanks you guys are the best, the carfax report shows
07/14/2003 42,854 Collision Repair Facility
Illinois Structural / frame inspection performed
after an accident or other incident
Structural / frame damage reported
Damage to rear

Thats all that says on the report, I am going to contact carfax to see if maybe they can give me an address or something about the repair shop. I was surprised to see no entry on the report about a police report being filed, but I am not sure if carfax obtains that info.
I really appreciate all the help. Thanks Steve
Thats is about all your going to find out!! You need to get a hold of the Florida DMV Inspector in your area,and he should be able to pull up what you want to know!!As far as Car Fax,They are the trail of the snail as far as reports!!I've seen a accident take as long as a year to show up on them!! I use Auto Check they are up dated as often 2-3 days on mileage, and 15-30 days on accidents!! There not going to show the shop where it was repaired though,or the existent of the damage other than 25% disclosure or SALVAGE!! You'll have to get that information from your DMV!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats is about all your going to find out!! You need to get a hold of the Florida DMV Inspector in your area,and he should be able to pull up what you want to know!!As far as Car Fax,They are the trail of the snail as far as reports!!I've seen a accident take as long as a year to show up on them!! I use Auto Check they are up dated as often 2-3 days on mileage, and 15-30 days on accidents!! There not going to show the shop where it was repaired though,or the existent of the damage other than 25% disclosure or SALVAGE!! You'll have to get that information from your DMV!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He's right. If it's disclosed upon registration, a body file will show the information:thumbsup:

You can order that from Tallahassee for around $25.00 or so.

You have another pm.

Back