• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Help From Memphis

Gary6595

Good day, and Happy Holidays to all.

While driving at normal speeds, my 1995 coupe, AT, 46K miles, began sputtering and idling rough. I babied it home, while observing that the sputtering became intermittent. At first I thought bad gas, but the exhaust pipes are black and sooty - leading me to believe deeper problems exist.

The ALDL is a 16-pin. Today I pulled codes (per instructions on other forum threads) and found:

Module 4: Code H-64
Module "A": Code H-24
Code H-61
Code H-62
The display then went into "1.0" and no other codes came up.

I have done nothing to the car yet.

Questions: 1. I could not find an "H-61" code for 1995, but codes from 1996 reflected a bad 02 sensor. This is consistent with an H-64 code, but why a separate code?

2. I could not find a module referenced as "A" but there were codes shown (?).

I have previously experienced speed surge when the cruise control is on, and I intend to check all vacuum lines. At the same time I have to replace valve cover gaskets, but prior to going deeper, I wanted to enlist this invaluable Corvette resource to elicit comments and experiences, and any recommendations you may have.

I am the second owner, and the car sat for a long time prior to my purchase about two years ago. But I have put about 3000 miles on it and I have never had a lick of problems with it prior to this incident. Yes, I do "get into it" sometimes, but never abusively. The car is pristine throughout.

Thanks in advance, Gary

Sorry but I don't know or have a reference of what the codes mean. I am driving to Memphis from Florida in the morning to pick up a Viper. I hope the weather is not to bad up there.

Back