• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

07 Z06 strange noise

carsdif

hello , I have a strange noise like a little knocking (toc .... toctoctoctoc) coming from under the car , don't know exacly , I ear this noise only when I speed up very very srtong in first and second gear , in straight line and when the gripp is good:banghead:
the car have less than 5000 miles , 6 mounths , i've change my diff oil with additive , but it doesn't com from it.... transmition axel??don't know ... help!!!:shrug01:

Clutch noise? If the tires have a good grip, that's the next in line for driveline stress.....

I know the problem now , it's coming from intermediate pipe hitting the panel protection under the car when it goes to high rpm and strong torq , this problem is known by several guys who have Z06 , so no problem with this noise.

Have you had the car tuned by a competent tuner? I understand that there is some substantial improvements to be made by tinkering with the torque management options.

hi rich Z , realy sorry but my english is realy poor and I don't understand exactly what you mean :banghead: ... not easy every day to be french:nonod:

A person called a "tuner" here would take a computer, plug it into a special plug in your car under the dash board, and change the cars own internal computer slightly. The "tune" as it is called may get the proper air and fuel mixture in your engine so the spark burns hotter and creates more horsepower. It can give you a little more power from the stock engine without buying or installing any actual parts on the car. It may also smooth a few things out like your engine idle and some other things.

I had a "tuner" here in Florida tune up my car and I went from 405 horse power to about 431 horse power, all from the factory C5 Z06 motor.

thanks rocket , unfortunatly , in France I don't think there's a competent tuner for Z06 , so actually the car is all stock , I'll change only headers , center pipes and rear exhaust soon , and maybe an air intake system , but I will buy all direct from USA and will upgrade the car by myself.

thanks rocket , unfortunatly , in France I don't think there's a competent tuner for Z06 , so actually the car is all stock , I'll change only headers , center pipes and rear exhaust soon , and maybe an air intake system , but I will buy all direct from USA and will upgrade the car by myself.

You might want to consider getting the tuning software and cable yourself. Take it slow while you are still learning and you could likely learn quite a bit PLUS make some real improvements on your car.

The two leaders in the tuning software arena are EFILive and HPTuners. The Diablo Predator is a nice little handheld unit that has some modest capabilities that might be worthwhile having to get you started.

No , that is perferct , zee oh six !

"Z06" Corvette. Un autre grand mot est "bête". Gardez les actions de voiture, vous ont assez de puissance de cheval de battre des quatre-vingt-dix certer des voitures en France.

Meilleur
:D Jim :D

Back