• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

ZO6 Clock Ticking Noise!!! Help

Z-427

Jetstream Z
Hey everyone I own a Brand New 2008 Jetstream Blue ZO6 with less than 700miles on it. I noticed that every time I put the car in Competitive-Mode a clock ticking sound comes from somewhere inside the trunk of the car! I can't figure out what it is :shrug01:. If anyone has encountered the same problem or knows someone who has let me know.

Only in Competitive Mode? :shrug01: Basically all that really does is to disable traction control.

From GM

Only in Competitive Mode? :shrug01: Basically all that really does is to disable traction control.
Rich:
I found this:
The driveline now emerges as the key irritant, making a nasty noise whenever the LS7 is being lugged. The engine itself is completely amenable to low rpm. But try them, and then up comes the sound of a UFO, an unidentified frying object, a.k.a. drive-line "sizzle." It's reminiscent of the sound of the worn rock-crusher transmissions that are found in old muscle cars and heavy-duty trucks. The Corvette engineers knew what we were talking about when we mentioned it, and they told us that it afflicts only Z06 manual transmissions. They said they were working on it.
:mad: JIM :mad:

Help

Yeah it's really weird it only does it in Competitive Driving Mode. I tried turning down the radio to try and hear it better and it sounds like it's coming from behind the passenger seat all the way in the back of the trunk located somewhere around the battery. :shrug01:

Back