• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2008 Z06 w/Killer Bee and tune.

FRC Tom

We did this on Sat. at AntiVenoms.
The first pull is with a tune from another car I did.
This was done at the customers request, he did not want a dyno tune.
Well 2 weeks went by and he decided to get her on the dyno and you can see what works for one 2008 does not work for another.
This is why mail order and handheld tunes just dont cut it for max power.
Got 12 more hp and 11 more torque.

Ron-08-Z06.jpg

I wish there was a "how-to" that explains how to read these graphs..... :banghead:

I'm looking at this one, and although I am sure I am wrong, it appears that a lot of low end power was sacrificed for high end power. It looks to me that the original tune gave the car about 380 hp at 3K rpm whereas with the new tune it drops down to an anemic 220 hp. That's quite a drop in low and mid range power. The new tune doesn't surpass the old tune until around 5300 rpm.

So what am I reading wrong with this? Anyone willing to explain this to me?

I wish there was a "how-to" that explains how to read these graphs..... :banghead:

I'm looking at this one, and although I am sure I am wrong, it appears that a lot of low end power was sacrificed for high end power. It looks to me that the original tune gave the car about 380 hp at 3K rpm whereas with the new tune it drops down to an anemic 220 hp. That's quite a drop in low and mid range power. The new tune doesn't surpass the old tune until around 5300 rpm.

So what am I reading wrong with this? Anyone willing to explain this to me?
Rich the blue lines on the graph is the first pull the red one the last.
At 3500 rpms the first pull was 255 rwhp and 383 rwt, the last pull is 262 rwhp and 393 rwt.
An increase of 7 hp and 10lbs of torque at 3500 rpms.

:sillyme: Duh! Been looking at tax forms too long and the brain went soggy on me......... I've looked at the charts before and KNEW that, but for some reason there was a disconnect between my eyes and my brain today.

Thanks for straightening me out, Tom.

Back